• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recommend me a new car

LouieNY

Wine Lover
Im looking at the 06 Audi A4, An 04 Audi S4, an 05 Subaru Legacy GT, an 05 Lexus IS.......Any suggestions in the 30-40k range???

Man, you and I have the same tastes.

I was originally looking at the Subaru Legacy.
Nice car, but not the luxury I was hoping for.
For the money, it's the best in performance.
I test drove this car...it was fast...but all or nothing in power.
If a Legacy STI comes out, I will get it.

The Lexus IS350 is what I want now.
It's priced high...but what you get is awesome.
I haven't test driven it yet, but I hear it's a monster.
The IS250 is underpowered...but it DOES have All Wheel Drive.

Don't get the old Audi S4...overpriced for an underpowered car.
The new S4 is insane in power...insane in price too.

So, what are you looking for?
Power/performance vs. luxury?
What about the new '06 WRX STI or Mitsu EVO?
What about the new BMW 3 Series?

A loaded Acura will be in that price range.

chewbacco said:
Man, you and I have the same tastes.

I was originally looking at the Subaru Legacy.
Nice car, but not the luxury I was hoping for.
For the money, it's the best in performance.
I test drove this car...it was fast...but all or nothing in power.
If a Legacy STI comes out, I will get it.

The Lexus IS350 is what I want now.
It's priced high...but what you get is awesome.
I haven't test driven it yet, but I hear it's a monster.
The IS250 is underpowered...but it DOES have All Wheel Drive.

Don't get the old Audi S4...overpriced for an underpowered car.
The new S4 is insane in power...insane in price too.

So, what are you looking for?
Power/performance vs. luxury?
What about the new '06 WRX STI or Mitsu EVO?
[snapback]248516[/snapback]​

I want more luxury with a kick, Not looking for the bare bones rockets like the Evo or STi.... The 04 S4 is with the V8 and i could get a preowned certified Audi with less then 10k on it for like 40-42 with 100k warranty. Not bad. I own an 04 A4 now but need to get rid of it becuase its jinxed. I have been hit 3 times in the last 3 months. Each time pretty much parked. AWD is an important factor for me, with the NYC winters i drive alot

chewbacco said:
[snapback]248516[/snapback]​
We bought the wife a new X3 this year (3.0 with the sport package) and couldn't be happier. Wouldn't have been my first choice (I'd have went with the sedan) but she's in love and it's a fantastic car. Got to say the new BeeEmm's are wonderful cars; I'd buy another, no worries. The all wheel drive X's are very surefooted and give the driver a ton of confidance. She wanted something like this as she makes the drive from WA to her parents in Northern CA every three months or so.

The new Acura's and the new Mercedes are also well worth a test drive, IMHO. Everyone's tastes are different and the good news is that there are some great new cars out there.

My daily driver is a 2004 VW Jetta TDI which isn't a "performance" car, but given my 50+ mile a day commute, the 40 MPG rocks.... :thumbs: I've had great luck with VW's too. My last VW was a 1992 Jetta that got sold to a buddy. Still going very strong with ~240K on it.

Got to recommend you drive 'em and tell us that you think.... :cool:

Cheers - B.B.S.

2004 Audi S4 for the win! That 340hp V8 is pretty kickass. I am a die-hard Bimmer fan though, its sad you require AWD, because the 330xi's are lacking in that department compared to the Audi.

-Zach

Another vote for the Quattro! A4 are awesome cars.

The new Lexus IS 350 looks sweet.

I am also a big fan of the Acuras (we've had 2 and they are great!) The TL is in that price range.

Stay away from newer Mercedes...tons of repair problems and cost an arm & leg to repair.

Check out the Volvo S60 & S80s...I have driven my neighbor's S80 a few times and it is sweet! (S60 mid $30's, S80 right around $40.)

Let us know what you get!
~Mark

The Chrysler 300C with the SRT8 package!
Impressive 425-horsepower 6.1-liter HEMI® V8 engine
Unique calibration for five-speed automatic transmission with AutoStick®
Performance suspension, brakes, and Chrysler's Electronic Stability Program (ESP) for superior handling
20-inch wheels with 245/45ZR20 front and 255/45ZR20 rear tires
Superior SRT styling, including a lower stance, rear spoiler, sport front seats, leather-trimmed accents, power everything, and much more

300csrt8.jpg

300csrt8aa.jpg

Not the SRT8,
300c.jpg

if you are gunna go Chrysler, I'd just go with a Dodge Charger.

06_dodge_charger.jpg

while it doesn't compete with original, it has a very aggressive look for a 4 door sedan. :thumbs:

My personal pick would be a MazdaSpeed 6

12mazdaspeed6.jpg

05mazdaspeed6.jpg

06mazdaspeed6.jpg

While the car is dependable and a 4 door sedan, MAZDASPEED edition cars, will FLY! :thumbs:

For some reason I dont see myself in a BMW, i need to go drive the newer ones and see what their are all about. I have driven the 3 series and its alot of fun, but just not me. And again i dont know if anyone does it better as far as AWD then Audi. I have some serious shopping to do

For Sedan AWD, the Audi's are unmatched. The new BMW X-Drive is very impressive in their X3/5 lines, but hasn't been engineered into the new E90 3 series yet. For the new 3 series though, they somehow improved upon the already amazing E46 models.

Bottom line from my perspective:
NEED AWD and still want some sport: Audi A4/S4
Could do without AWD for more sport: BMW 330i/330xi/M3
For just an everyday nice car to get you from Point A to B and do it in comfort, a VW Passat with 4-MOTION all wheel drive certainly wouldnt be a bad choice either.

As im sure you know, adding dedicated snow tires on a car makes a WORLD of difference. I currently drive a 2000 BMW 540i with a DINAN S1 package installed (basically a baby M5). When i tried to drive it in our mild St. Louis winters on the Dunlop performance rubber we had on it, you couldnt even let the clutch out without spinning tires, and drifting every single corner. After adding some Dunlop M2 winter tires on it, she behaves as well as our AWD Lexus RX330....granted i keep my foot out of it! :laugh:

-Zach

I have a mazda6 S Sports sedan. Same thing as the speed with a little less horsepower. I never thought I'd buy a mazda, till I sat in it and took it for a spin.

Im now a prowd mazda6 owner until the engine craps. I'd take the 30-40, spend it on a car like the Mazda6 Speed, and fully load it.

Acura TLs are nice to.

My friend's father owns an Acura TL, and they certainly are nice cars. Very comfortable and well-appointed. However, the FWD really makes it lag in the performance and sport department. Even with the Brembo brakes and 6-spd, having torque steer everytime you lay into the throttle is just not fun. So if you were going for performance, id definitely advise getting something with at least AWD, if not RWD

The new Lex IS looks awesome. The 350 has a lot more power, but I have read multiple reviews indicating the 250 handles better and is more fun to drive.

oops, wrong year...

the Audi S4 with the V8 is a great car.
The Audi AWD is rock solid.

For your location, I see the AWD as helpful.

The Acura TL is also a good value car. I guess the FWD feature of the TL would be okay in winter conditions. But AWD would be the best.