• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recommend me a smoke please

antaean

Did this happen to you?
Hello all. I am thinking of giving my wife an ISOM surprise for her birthday. She usually takes a puff or two of my stogies when I smoke one and she is with me. She hates NC's since "they just taste and smell like cigars", including the expensivos. However, she thinks ISOMs are "interesting" but will not smoke one on her own...just takes a puff or two from the first inch or so of what I am smoking. She does not have any idea about one brand versus another.

I like full-flavored/full-bodied smokes like Bolivar and Partagas. I am positive she would not enjoy these after the first third. So, I am wondering if the connoiseurs amongst you all might recommend a milder ISOM perhaps with a bit of fruity or floral nose. We are both ex-cigarette smokers and decline to smoke anything with too small of a ring gauge, say smaller than a 36-ring. The ones she has sampled from me are usually corona-sized with a few pyramides.

Any help would be appreciated..her birthday is in about 3 weeks.

antaean

p.s. Please don't tell me Eileen's Dream or such: I've tried, she hates them.

According to Ginseng, people who pee sitting down really like Mooontrances, but if you must go with an ISOM, then go with either a lighter bodied cigar like the HdM Ep1#2 and JLPC or one with a sweet undertone like the Monte Edmundo.

El Rey del Mundo Petit Coronas are pretty mild, or maybe a Fonseca Cosacos

This is probably a crime posting this in this forum, but my g/f doesn't particularly care for your typical NC (even the expensive as well) and hasn't had the pleasure of trying an ISOM, but she did really like backwoods sweet and milds. I guess she likes the sweeter flavor.

Not that you shouldn't get yours a nice ISOM she would enjoy, but you might be able to keep her happy in the future for very INexpensivo ;) Only problem with your case is the ring gauge...

Thanks guys!

I think I'll give the Juan Lopez Petite Corona a try. Seems like it might be a good combination of size/price/strength. Besides, if she doesn't like them I suppose I could be forced to smoke them :laugh:

antaean

For floral and a bit on the lighter side (and inexpensive to boot) you might try a Fonseca Cosacos. Not too big either.

I don't know about floral notes, but the RASS is a nice medium bodied smoke that she might enjoy.

E

The two most "floral" Habanos that I have smoked are the Quai d'Orsay Corona Claro and the Hoyo de Monterrey Petite Robusto. Both are straight up medium bodied.

My wife dose not like NC's at all for the most part. But, she does like to smoke some of my RASS when I have one!

I had a diplomaticos that I thought had a nice floral taste.

I would vote for either any HdM or a Trini Reyes. While the Reyes may be a little small in the ring guage, it isn't any smaller than the JLPC. My wife smokes the very occasional cigar, and she loved the Reyes.

According to Ginseng, people who pee sitting down really like Mooontrances, but if you must go with an ISOM, then go with either a lighter bodied cigar like the HdM Ep1#2 and JLPC or one with a sweet undertone like the Monte Edmundo.

Oh,

I just saw this. Payback's a beotch, Sam. I ought to send you the "Flying Pig" :p

Wilkey

Some good responses up there.

The smaller sizes of any of these are pretty approachable (minutos, petite coronas, small tubos), in general:

Hoyo de Monterrey
Juan Lopez
Quai d'Orsay
Fonseca
Romeo y Julieta
Diplomaticos
H. Upmann
Montecristo

On the fatter side, the El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme and Juan Lopez No. 1, 2 are mild.

The Trini Reyes is a great cigar but I've found them to start with quite a powerful kick. She might be put off unless she is encouraged to stick with it.

I have gone with the JLPC. It's anybody's guess how this little birthday surprise will go over. Of course, I have also gotten her a "regular" present just in case this whole thing is a bust. I'll give her the smokes when the kids and relatives aren't around though.

If this pans out, it'll be seegar heaven at my house :rolleyes:

antaean

A great cigar that I have grown to love with full flavor is ERDM Choix Supreme. This cigar is a great cigar for all events.

For the wifey, I'd agree with most everyone else and say something mild and small, like a petit corona.

Some ones I'd consider would be ERDM PC or Lunch Club, a RyJ Romeo No. 2 or No. 3, or the Cedro de Luxe No. 3, a Fonseca KDT Cadete, or HdM Short Hoyo Corona.

If you want to be mean and make her hurl on a nicotine OD, get her a Bolivar Corona Junior! :laugh:

I would have suggested the following:

MC4
MC5
Cosacos
PLPC
RyJ PC (from what I've been told, I have a box en route)
RyJ Ex.4
Choix
QdO anything
JLPC
Reyes
SP Non-Plus

I have a similar problems. My sister's wedding is coming up and I'm thinking about getting a 5r of Excalibur Epicure's...they're nice and smooth and fairly priced in case someone decides they don't like them. This is just for the wedding party and such. We'll see