• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recommendation

mikemny

Hi,

I am looking for some recommendations on which bottle to pick up next, my budget due to economic reasons has come to a grinding halt, and have to be really careful what I spend. I am looking for something that I can drink 4-5 times a week, without going broke, and something that is great neat without any ice.

I can get a bottle of JW Black 750 ml for about $37 here, and was thinking of picking that up, I do enjoy it, but I was curious is there anything else in the single malt that is close to that price that you would recommend that is better?

I really enjoy some single malts I have had, but most were in the $80+ range. For example one of my favorites have been Talisker 18 y/o, but that costs too much right now to pick up. I need more money for cigars =)

Thanks in advance

I've seen Macallan 12 and Balvenie DoubleWood for around that price. Check Total Wine if you have one in your area.

I've seen Macallan 12 and Balvenie DoubleWood for around that price. Check Total Wine if you have one in your area.

No have none in NY, I went to my store tonight that has broad range of single malts, to blend, and I was telling him what I was looking for and not looking to spend a lot of money and he recommended something called Black Bottle, has no age on it, but he said it is very good and for the price $16.99, I figured why not

No have none in NY, I went to my store tonight that has broad range of single malts, to blend, and I was telling him what I was looking for and not looking to spend a lot of money and he recommended something called Black Bottle, has no age on it, but he said it is very good and for the price $16.99, I figured why not

I don't know about no age or $16.99, but the 10 was pretty good. Here is a review by our own AVB on the 10 year. LINK

I don't know about no age or $16.99, but the 10 was pretty good. Here is a review by our own AVB on the 10 year. LINK

Yeah my bottle does not look like the one in that review this is a picture of what my bottle looks like:

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-429.aspx

I just took my first few sips, and I must admit for a blend, it is very good.

I have not had many single malt from Islay, so this is definitely a bit different for me, but I like it a lot. There seems to be alot going in terms of taste.

EDIT: I am not very good at describing the tastes when it comes to whisky ( i just know what I like =), but I think I get that peaty taste that everyone talks about from Islay, and I must admit I really like it.

I am curious how they are able to sell it so cheap? For that price it is a steal...This will definitely become my everyday affordable scotch, forget JWB, LOL