• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recommendations about Foundation and/or Emilio Cigars

JoeMO

Happy to be here
Question for you and I've tagged a few guys as they were the last ones to post anything about these brands in search. This summer, while hanging out with Chad in Denver, I had a Foundation Tabernacle and it was fantastic. I'm unfamiliar with most of the other smokes from them. Also, I've had the Grimalkin from Emilio and loved that too, but unfamiliar with most of the others. Any thoughts about these two brands? Do you have one or two you'd recommend? Thanks I might just end up getting a few fivers.

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 7.28.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-27 at 7.33.22 PM.png
@Darin
@CgarDan
@Nikon_Assasin
@Eqwhipped

I wasn't a huge fan of the Charter Oaks but enjoyed the El Gueguense, especially in Maduro. As for Emilio, I've only had the LJZ but think it's a solid blend that will age well.

Question for you and I've tagged a few guys as they were the last ones to post anything about these brands in search. This summer, while hanging out with Chad in Denver, I had a Foundation Tabernacle and it was fantastic. I'm unfamiliar with most of the other smokes from them. Also, I've had the Grimalkin from Emilio and loved that too, but unfamiliar with most of the others. Any thoughts about these two brands? Do you have one or two you'd recommend? Thanks I might just end up getting a few fivers.

View attachment 65838View attachment 65839
@Darin
@CgarDan
@Nikon_Assasin
@Eqwhipped
Olmec maduro for sure , el guengenese both good, tabernacle Lancero - spectacular, Grimalkin you already know, LJZ another good one

The El Guengenese Wise man was great, not sure which Tabernacle had (Goliath?) that was good. As for the upsetter it was a infused cigar I just couldn't get into and the two Emilio's were not for me.

I've enjoyed everything I've tried from Foundation. I'm big Charter Oak fan for a good everyday smoke. Great stick for longer car rides and is one of my go to smokes in the car. Tabernackle is great after a nice heavy dinner; think good thick steak. The Doble Corona is my go to size for an after dinner smoke every so often. Also a fan of the Highclere Castles, both blends. Actually got a box of the Victorians sitting for just over a year now.

The only foundation I haven't had on your list is the omec. Everything I have had from foundation I have enjoyed.

I'm a big fan of Foundations stuff - I've smoked the whole lineup. My favs are - el gueguense maduro, Olmec & Menelik & Tabernacle. Both Highclaires' & Charter Oaks are great also. We also sell Emilo's the Grimalkin is my favorite.

The Tabernacle CT142 (Red Label) and the Highclere Castle Victoria are the best cigars Foundation produces, IMHO.
Not a huge fan of the Broadleaf Tabernacle, in any size, but that’s just me.

I have a box of the the Charter Oak Maduro and they are terrific! Like smoking Mexican hot chocolate. Great everyday stick.

Heard nothing but good things about Emilio. Everything said above checks with what I’ve heard.

So I really enjoy the Emilio AF1!! And all I have to say is... I've been under a lot of stress lately... so... yeah. OH AND... the nicknames @JoeMO and @modo22 are very similar to and old blind fk with a slight recall problem like myself. LOL
This post will make some sense in a few days. I'll just wait over here in the shadows until then. 😁

So I really enjoy the Emilio AF1!! And all I have to say is... I've been under a lot of stress lately... so... yeah. OH AND... the nicknames @JoeMO and @modo22 are very similar to and old blind fk with a slight recall problem like myself. LOL
This post will make some sense in a few days. I'll just wait over here in the shadows until then. 😁
huh?

I'm going to leave this as a puzzle for a bit. You'll start to understand. I know my post was vague and it was intended to be. There might be a few sleuth minded folks that possibly could put 2 and 2 together. LOL. If not ... it'll reveal it's self in a few days. And happy birthday Ben. Yeah... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 😁😁

I'm going to leave this as a puzzle for a bit. You'll start to understand. I know my post was vague and it was intended to be. There might be a few sleuth minded folks that possibly could put 2 and 2 together. LOL. If not ... it'll reveal it's self in a few days. And happy birthday Ben. Yeah... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 😁😁
The official thread is here:

View attachment 65838View attachment 65839
@Darin
@CgarDan
@Nikon_Assasin
@Eqwhipped

We have a couple of samplers that you might be interested in

The El Guengenese Wise man was great, not sure which Tabernacle had (Goliath?) that was good. As for the upsetter it was a infused cigar I just couldn't get into and the two Emilio's were not for me.

Dan's spot on (as usual).. the lancero is a must for the Tabernacle. The Goliath is Nick's perfecto take.. probably gordo at its thickest. Good, but the lancero is 100% where it's at with this cigar.. perfect vitola for this blend.

Resized_20220726_155339_21342487680963.jpeg

When I get to five or less.. I'm off to CigarPage. My favorite Foundation thus far. 👍