• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recommendations for buying from Online websites

dcpeters

I've been purchasing cigars from a small cigar shop out here, but they do not have an extensive collection. I end up paying more than what they're really worth.

I know Thompson Cigars has a great inventory online, but I was wondering if anybody had any other suggestions and ideas. Do any of you purchase online? What is the quality of the product?

Thompson's Cigars sucks - they exist merely to lure new smokers into buying their poor quality house brands. They will fill your mailbox(es) with endless catalogs until the end of time no matter how many times you request they take you off their mailing lists, and they will annoy you with phone calls from their telemarketing division.

Read through the Retailer's section here at CigarPass. With a little research, you will discover some very nice retailers who will welcome your calls, take the time to answer all your questions, and provide you with professional customer service throughout your transaction.

If Thompson was the last place in the entire world to purchase cigars, I'd quit.

Check in the retailer section here. Keystone Raider and Uptown Issy will take very good care of you.

......and if you tell them "charge it to MoeCizlak's account", Clint will cover the purchase.

I'll echo the NOs about Thompson. Don't open that can of dog rockets.

Vendors here will treat you right. Just give them a call. If you just want an Internet store, then cigars international or Famous are okay. I'd still choose them last over any good vendor with their own shop.

I hardly ever buy online and for some reason I have a tons of cigars...from people here on CP. Look for group buys, sales, etc... Do the newbie trade too. That's a good way to start trying new cigars as well as meeting different people.

I ordered a few times from Thompson. My only real issue out of 4-6 orders of cigars was damaged boxes. A Fuente box had the top completely knocked off the hinges. A Macunado Vintage 97 black laquer box had the corner all damaged with about a 1 in square chunk of paint chipped off. The only way that happens is if you have a bunch of monkeys in the warehouse tossing stuff around and just not caring. Never had those issues with CI, C.com, Atlantic or Famous. And as others have said we got some sellers on here that want to keep you as a customer.

Jack Schwartz Importer | Ashton Cigars | Opus X Cigars | Padron ...

www.jackschwartz.com/

They are in the chicago area.

Look for Keystones padron buy going on right now in the retailer thread.

I've been to this shop and met Eric (hope I remember his name). This would be better than buying off the internet; however, if this fails then use our brothers here. No slight meant to the other vendors that support CP, I just like going to a local B&M to get my cigars if they carry what I want to buy.

If Thompson was the last place in the entire world to purchase cigars, I'd quit.

Check in the retailer section here. Keystone Raider and Uptown Issy will take very good care of you.

X3. We have great guys that support our hobby in style. Check out the retailer section, call them up, buy with confidence.

Jack Schwartz Importer | Ashton Cigars | Opus X Cigars | Padron ...

www.jackschwartz.com/

They are in the chicago area.

Look for Keystones padron buy going on right now in the retailer thread.

Eric, in Chicago, treats his customers exceptionally well.
I haven't ordered from Keystone Raider, but I hear he does the same.
Same for Uptown Issy.

CI, CBid, Famous, Atlantic, Cigarplace.biz, BestCigarPrices.com and
other online dealers have been my sources at different times. NO problems
with any of them.

Thompson has a poor reputation, so I steer clear of them. I don't like spam
and constant advertising. Somehow they got my snail mail addy, but I just
put it in the recycle bin immediately.

Chemyst :cool:

X4!!!!!!!!! I buy from Isy all the time, everything is packed perfectly, the prices are reasonable, and the service its GREAT!!!

X4!!!!!!!!! I buy from Isy all the time, everything is packed perfectly, the prices are reasonable, and the service its GREAT!!!

...and when you open the box of goodies you ordered, it smells like a smoky cigar shop inside! :laugh:

...and when you open the box of goodies you ordered, it smells like a smoky cigar shop inside! :laugh:

Next time, I'll make sure to stuff YOUR box with the loose tobacco that's put into ACID boxes!

Guess I'm X5. You are here to learn, and you just got the best info on the planet. If you filled in your profile, you might get a welcome gift from Santa. The only thing Thompson is good for is a machine gun.

I've let the reputation of Thompson keep me away. Although I have sworn off CI, I find myself buying stuff from them from time to time, still. I've had a bunch of duds and damage from them, so I pretty much only order boxes or cheap cigars from them now when I do. I haven't actually ordered from Keystone Raider, but have conversed with him on here, and I wouldn't hesitate to place and order with him. IHAVE ordered from Isy before, and will do so again. He's a great guy to talk to, answered all my questions and really takes care of the customer, both FOG and newb, alike. Even with the order shipping internationally, it was packed well and they all made it over here safely. I can't say enough good things about Isy and Uptown Cigar. Order with confidence, unlike the "big box" online stores.