• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recommendations Needed

RGD

Looking for a few recommendations – what I am interested in is something with a taste of spice. Not looking for flavored cigars mind you. Not interested in sweetened caps either.
Suggestions in both domestic and ISOM would be great.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ron

Joya de Nicaragua Antanos
La Gloria Cubana Serie R
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligeros
Camacho Coyolar

Hope this helps.

Plasencia TKO is a small but pretty spicy and strong for it's size.

Opus X huh - seriously, had one today and didn't taste the spice in it at all. Really I'm looking for something that I can get a box or two and not pay 3 to 4 times over MSRP for.

Actually I have had only 3 Opus - the first two were good, not great - expected more I guess - and todays little gem I felt I should have just rolled 2 twenties and smoked them. Could just be me and my unrefined taste buds ???

Ron

Joya de Nicaragua Antanos
La Gloria Cubana Serie R
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligeros
Camacho Coyolar

Hope this helps.

Thanks - I'll pick up a few of those and give them a shot.

Ron

Ramon Allones Specially Selected (RASS) have a nice spicy taste as do the Monte #4. Both ISOM. If you can get your hands on those you might enjoy them.

As far as domestics I think Le Flor Dominicana and Joya de Nicaragua are your best bets. Get an HDN antano machito for sure. They are like 3 bucks and great little smokes! Hope this helps.

Brandon

Who makes the ones called "Fire" ? Had one once and it was really peppery, much more then I liked.

Ramon Allones Specially Selected (RASS) have a nice spicy taste as do the Monte #4. Both ISOM. If you can get your hands on those you might enjoy them.

As far as domestics I think Le Flor Dominicana and Joya de Nicaragua are your best bets. Get an HDN antano machito for sure. They are like 3 bucks and great little smokes! Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon - I'll look into trying the Ramon and Monte.

Who makes the ones called "Fire" ? Had one once and it was really peppery, much more then I liked.

And you know - I almost put but not "peppery" in the first post :0 :D

Wish I could explain myself better - but ever had Captain Morgon Spiced Rum? That's more along the line of what I guess I'm trying to describe. A few weeks ago I was digging around one of my humidors and found this one without a band on it. Sooo - decided to smoke it and it had this really pleasant "spice" aftertaste to it. Slightly oily wrapper - maybe about a corona size. It was just really nice, sitting out on the deck late at nighte, cup of coffee, cool breeze - no kids.

So anyway - that's about as close to description as I can give.

Thanks everyone,

Ron

Opus X huh - seriously, had one today and didn't taste the spice in it at all. Really I'm looking for something that I can get a box or two and not pay 3 to 4 times over MSRP for.

Actually I have had only 3 Opus - the first two were good, not great - expected more I guess - and todays little gem I felt I should have just rolled 2 twenties and smoked them. Could just be me and my unrefined taste buds ???

Ron
No dis, but most of the folks here don't pay "3 to 4 times over MSRP" for Opies or Anejo's. All of mine were purchased at or very near retail...won't buy 'em if they are more than that.

If you don't like 'em, that's another story but in terms of "spice" they are usually pretty well regarded.

Regards - B.B.S.

Ron
No dis, but most of the folks here don't pay "3 to 4 times over MSRP" for Opies or Anejo's. All of mine were purchased at or very near retail...won't buy 'em if they are more than that.

If you don't like 'em, that's another story but in terms of "spice" they are usually pretty well regarded.

Regards - B.B.S.

I would love to find them at or near MSRP - guess I don't know the secret just yet. And yeah - 3 to 4 times the cost was a bit overboard, but say the Perfecxion No.2 for example has an MSRP of around $13.50 - but most places I find it at is around $36. Anejo's - I have 4 or 5 of them - never tried one yet though - but I also feel I paid way more for them.
Now I didn't say that I didn't like them - just from all the hype I really expected something more I guess. Now the one I had the other day wasn't what I thought it should have been - and I actually snipped it and will try it again later.

Thanks,

Ron

In the ISOM category, I'm thinking you need to try an HDM #2

RGD,

It might be worth it for you to drive into DC if you want to buy a few sticks from a local store, there's tax-less on tobacco.

Also, for a spicy cigar and especially if you're considering a box, the AF Sungrown do amazing things after a year on them. They're good out of the box too, but after a year, oh god.

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero

Joya De Nicaragua Antanos Gran Reserva

Tatuaje any size

Nicarao by Tabacalera Tropical

Crazy lil cigar that i like is the Litto Gomez Oriental. Also the Placensia TKO is also a good lil stick!

Just my $00.02

I think you must be talking about sweet spice like cinnamon, cloves, allspice and not necessarily the "hot" caliente spiciness of black or white pepper or chili. Am I correct?

Wilkey

I think you must be talking about sweet spice like cinnamon, cloves, allspice and not necessarily the "hot" caliente spiciness of black or white pepper or chili. Am I correct?

Wilkey
Yes, Indian Tabac makes a line called "Fire"; and they are pretty darn spicy. But the pepper spice, not the cinnamon or allspice spicy.

As far as the more flavorful spicy, definitely try an Opus X; I would go w/ the xXx. That is one complex and spicy little smoke; more than the larger Opus X.

I can't think of any ISOMs that fit this category very well. But I would guess a VR Famosos might be pretty close. And while I can't seem to find an HdM I don't like, I wouldn't classify it as spicy.

GL,
- C