• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Reflux disease

Gunpowder

Cigar Search & destroy V 1.20
Who else gets air in their stomach when they smoke. I have had upper valve problems for years and find I need to belch the air I gain during smoking. Anyone have sucess in treating this problem?

I myself have acid reflux also. Am presently on Protonix.

I also find that while smoking, I tend to build up excess stomach air.

The only way I find to disperse the air is by belching. :(

I have the same problem with reffux.
Proton Inhibitors for life?
Smoking cigars does effect me but not bad enough to slow down.

I've got acid reflux too, but I don't fill my gut with cigar smoke when I draw on a stogie. Might want to check your technique. Cigar smoke isn't any better for your stomach than it is for your lungs. ???

Good luck, Bacchus

I'd tend to agree with Bacchus, GS. I've been on Ranitadine and others for ES & AR for over 10 years, have attacks when even the wind blows wrong, but never from cigars. 'Course remember, we're all wired different! :)

I don't inhale or swallow the smoke, so that is not the case.

I just seem to generate a little more saliva while smoking, and while swallowing spit, a little air goes down at the same time.

So, I'm not sure if the acid reflux has anything to do with it or not.

That is the excess air build up that needs to be released. Just seems to happen a little more when I smoke. Not a problem, and it's not going to slow down my burning of the leaf. :p

I know, a little more info than needed. :thumbs: