• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Regulating humididy in coolerdor

servebig

I bought a cooler, some oasis and need to bring the humidity down. i only used PG solution, but the humidity is off the charts and holding.

The last coolerdor i had never had this problem. should i just wait???

barney

Whoa, nelly. Is it raining in there?

I'd suggest climmax beads - info abounds on this site. I have a small coolerdor now, and am using the 70% beads. Is working pretty well, but I'm having problem keeping the humidity up. With our low humidity, and the frequency I'm opening the humidor, it's a struggle. :)

You could put in some dry Spanish cedar or some of those beads the others use around here. But I personally use Spanish cedar that I keep on hand for humid times of the year.

LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte

I don't think he's got an Oasis. I think he's got foam and pg. Still I don't know why the RH would be so high. Try filling the cooler with spanish cedar (cigar boxes). If that doesn't work scrap the foam and get some Climmax beads. Most prefer the 65% variety. Also be sure your hygrometer is accurate.

lucasbuck said:
I don't think he's got an Oasis. I think he's got foam and pg. Still I don't know why the RH would be so high. Try filling the cooler with spanish cedar (cigar boxes). If that doesn't work scrap the foam and get some Climmax beads. Most prefer the 65% variety. Also be sure your hygrometer is accurate.
yup...i got the block. humidity has regulated...ended up putting some empties in there and that helped quite a bit. started filling it up with full boxes this weekend and the humidity is holding fast an about 68...yaaaaaaaay :D

barney

lucasbuck said:
yup...i got the block. humidity has regulated...ended up putting some empties in there and that helped quite a bit. started filling it up with full boxes this weekend and the humidity is holding fast at about 68...yaaaaaaaay :D

barney