• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Remember your first box purchase?

Hilliermarcel

Good day,

I've only been smoking cigars for about 3 years but about a year ago I purchased my first box o' cigars.
Actually I bought 3 at the same time. But before I just would pick some up from the B&M or purchase bundles.
Anyways I pulled the gun on 3 middle shelf cigars and a bundle. I purchased the Obsidian White Noise in Belicoso, Gurkha Empire IV, Gurkha Ninja, and a 20 pack of Gurkha Blue Steel. My expectations were a lot higher unfortunately. I've had them all for about a year and my humidor is just now running low. Yeah I've bought other cigars like a whole lot of My Uzi and some Feuntes.

The cigars were all great, the ninja was my favorite out of the 4 but I think I just sick of them. I'll do a lot better job of trying the cigar before purchasing a box. Tell me about your first box experience?

Hilliermarcel said:
Tell me about your first box experience?

My family was away on vacation, and I stayed home. She was a friend of my sister's, and...

Oh wait...

tomthirtysix said:

My family was away on vacation, and I stayed home. She was a friend of my sister's, and...

Oh wait...

:laugh:  Thanks for the laugh this morning!

To the OP, after trying singles and 5ers from many different brands, I treated myself to a box of Anejo 46.

tomthirtysix said:

My family was away on vacation, and I stayed home. She was a friend of my sister's, and...She worked for UPS.  We loaded her truck, what a wonderful 1st box experience I had.

Oh wait...

Finished for you. :laugh:

tomthirtysix said:

Oh wait...

Please don't ask tomthirtysixtwocents any questions about his dry box preferences. ???

In one year of cigar smoking i purchased 3 boxes. First one was a box of Undercrown corona viva.  The other two are still on the way to me: AF Magnum R52 and 858SG. 

Padron 2000 Maduros.  I still have about 4 from the box....about 8 years old now.

Aston Imperial Tubo's to give out to the guys in my wedding party. Up till this point I have never really smoked many cigars. My buddy Simon and I sat on the deck and each smoked one since I had a full box and wouldn't give them all away. The rest is pretty much history from there. That was 5 years ago this June and I still have 2 of those Imperials in the humi.

Bolivar Petite Coronas, I think. The first box I obtained was a gifted Padron 3000 Maduros becuase I proof read someones masters thesis. Woo Hoo free cigars.

Oliva Serie V Torpedo Maduro.  But there's only ten in a box, so it was just a baby step.

Mine was a box of Macanudo seconds.  Second I think was a box of RyJ Belicosos.  Opening a brand new box never gets old.  It's been a while since I've purchased one but I imagine the giddy feeling of opening the lid will still be the same.

Yupp, i was 16 actually. Thanks internet! LOL They where Rum Runners, then a box of Indian Tobac, then my first real good cigar (atleast I think their still good) a Box of Punch Gran Puro. Those ruined me. Funny thing is I've never liked any other Punch cigars but I still really enjoy the Gran Puro and I think their a great bang for your buck. Especially off Cbid. Really funny thing is I still have a few left from each of those boxes from when I was 16.

Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 toros, back when RP product quality hadn't nosedived yet . . . bought two boxes, actually, and split one with a friend. I think the next one after that was probably Don Lino Africa Kifaro, back before those went all to shit . . .  :rolleyes:

Man, that's been awhile.

~Boar

Mrepp said:
Yupp, i was 16 actually. Thanks internet! LOL They where Rum Runners, then a box of Indian Tobac, then my first real good cigar (atleast I think their still good) a Box of Punch Gran Puro. Those ruined me. Funny thing is I've never liked any other Punch cigars but I still really enjoy the Gran Puro and I think their a great bang for your buck. Especially off Cbid. Really funny thing is I still have a few left from each of those boxes from when I was 16.

CBid is the place to go. I use it often. My go to retailer is CI as we'll.

A lot of Padron fans. I think I want to get a box of 1926's. Any suggestions?

Hilliermarcel said:

CBid is the place to go. I use it often. My go to retailer is CI as we'll.

A lot of Padron fans. I think I want to get a box of 1926's. Any suggestions?

If you haven't yet had many 1926 Serie, then I would recommend a sampler to start.  They make them.  See what you like.

Having said that....I love....and I mean love, #35 Maddies.  I consider them literally the most consistent cigar I have ever smoked.