• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Removed (lack of interest)

It's cool to see someone jump into the hobby both feet first. But, it's a train wreck to see someone jump into the forums with both feet first. You need to get your toes wet first and then ease the rest of yourself into the waters.

Good advice, well put, and point taken.

It's cool to see someone jump into the hobby both feet first. But, it's a train wreck to see someone jump into the forums with both feet first. You need to get your toes wet first and then ease the rest of yourself into the waters.

I have offended some respected veterans here and I want to apologize.

I also want to explain myself. Not because I want vindication or to create sides; but because I plan on staying around and don’t want to be seen in a negative light.

Preembargo…………….you pointed out that I have asked a lot of questions about cigars and cigar culture. To my knowledge, you never offered any response to any of those questions but when I stepped out of line you were there with repeated responses. I took this as direct, and unprovoked, conflict……my bad.

NullSmurf……….you had some grammatical errors in your first dress down of me and since you also dressed me down about grammar, I fired back at you without taking into consideration that RHIP……………….again, my bad.

I knew, before I joined, that this was a great web site and offered an opportunity I had wanted for a long time; to “talk cigars”. I jumped in too fast and too strong as Matt pointed out.

Consider me a newbie with a new perspective.

Jeff

I have offended some respected veterans here and I want to apologize.

I also want to explain myself. Not because I want vindication or to create sides; but because I plan on staying around and don't want to be seen in a negative light.

Preembargo…………….you pointed out that I have asked a lot of questions about cigars and cigar culture. To my knowledge, you never offered any response to any of those questions but when I stepped out of line you were there with repeated responses. I took this as direct, and unprovoked, conflict……my bad.

NullSmurf……….you had some grammatical errors in your first dress down of me and since you also dressed me down about grammar, I fired back at you without taking into consideration that RHIP……………….again, my bad.

I knew, before I joined, that this was a great web site and offered an opportunity I had wanted for a long time; to "talk cigars". I jumped in too fast and too strong as Matt pointed out.

Consider me a newbie with a new perspective.

Jeff

My bad? I'm reading and rereading to try to find something positive in your brand of contrition. All I can find is that this IS a great site and community. Do you think I engaged you for your grammar? Let me spell it out (pun intended). I engaged you because you posted a cigar sale after being here 7 days! I didn't do it to challenge your integrety. I pointed out that we have no idea if you HAVE integrety. Next, you post an invitation to a shindig where you're only charging a one cigar cover charge. You compounded this by erasing the post.

We love to HERF. Look at the pictures of recent HERFs and take a look at what's on the table. Huge travel humidors full of cigars. Nothing makes me feel better than giving a good cigar to a friend to try. We buy and sell cigars amongst ourselves every day. We do NOT profit from those transactions.

More cigars are given away than are sold here. I know at least two Brothers here who gives away more cigars than they smoke. Read the buy/sell/trade thread back a few months, years if you have the time. Try the pass and herf threads too.

If someone gets in your face, take a moment to sniff the pitts and wonder if it could be something YOU are doing wrong. Being 50 doesn't buy much here. The community isn't going to change to suit you. You need to conform to the community. Having a new outlook on this community is a good thing. Time will tell.

My bad? I'm reading and rereading to try to find something positive in your brand of contrition. All I can find is that this IS a great site and community. Do you think I engaged you for your grammar? Let me spell it out (pun intended). I engaged you because you posted a cigar sale after being here 7 days! I didn't do it to challenge your integrety. I pointed out that we have no idea if you HAVE integrety. Next, you post an invitation to a shindig where you're only charging a one cigar cover charge. You compounded this by erasing the post.

We love to HERF. Look at the pictures of recent HERFs and take a look at what's on the table. Huge travel humidors full of cigars. Nothing makes me feel better than giving a good cigar to a friend to try. We buy and sell cigars amongst ourselves every day. We do NOT profit from those transactions.

More cigars are given away than are sold here. I know at least two Brothers here who gives away more cigars than they smoke. Read the buy/sell/trade thread back a few months, years if you have the time. Try the pass and herf threads too.

If someone gets in your face, take a moment to sniff the pitts and wonder if it could be something YOU are doing wrong. Being 50 doesn't buy much here. The community isn't going to change to suit you. You need to conform to the community. Having a new outlook on this community is a good thing. Time will tell.

Integrity (dammit). :laugh:

Could not resist huh! I'm sure you were an editor in a past life :laugh:

Brian

Brian

If he didn't, I was gonna! :)

Anyway, CigarStone, can I come to your cabin in the woods with you?

leatherman_jock.jpg

:)

Moki, that picture is just wrong, Wrong, WRONG!!! What I want to know is where do you carry your cigar(s)? Classic picture, bro.

Brian

If he didn't, I was gonna! :)

Anyway, CigarStone, can I come to your cabin in the woods with you?

leatherman_jock.jpg

:)
Yee Har Im There Mate
You bring the Leather Pants and I'll bring the Lard ???

CS, What would you think if I responded with something like this?

“I’d like to accept your apology.

I also want to explain myself….” You’d likely think that I’m an ass.

Jeff, not only do you not recognize objective advice when it’s offered unless it’s presented generically without addressing any specific details, but it also seems you don’t understand the purpose or concept of an apology. An apology, followed up with you’re impressions of how you were wronged is not an apology at all.

One does not apologize in order to be seen in a more positive light. One should extend an apology because he is remorseful for his actions while recognizing that nothing is owed to him in return for the apology, not even forgiveness. That may seem harsh but you’ve looked at my profile several times, if you take the time to go further and look through my posts you’ll also see that many times I’ve expressed my further belief that no one who desires redemption is beyond it. I believe in second, third, fourth chances, etc.

The irony is that I’ve not been offended. I’m not emotionally invested enough in you to be offended. The advice that I’ve offered you has been objective and offered for your benefit. You’re free to choose how to take it and what to do with it.

CS, What would you think if I responded with something like this?

“I’d like to accept your apology.

I also want to explain myself….” You’d likely think that I’m an ass.

Jeff, not only do you not recognize objective advice when it’s offered unless it’s presented generically without addressing any specific details, but it also seems you don’t understand the purpose or concept of an apology. An apology, followed up with you’re impressions of how you were wronged is not an apology at all.

One does not apologize in order to be seen in a more positive light. One should extend an apology because he is remorseful for his actions while recognizing that nothing is owed to him in return for the apology, not even forgiveness. That may seem harsh but you’ve looked at my profile several times, if you take the time to go further and look through my posts you’ll also see that many times I’ve expressed my further belief that no one who desires redemption is beyond it. I believe in second, third, fourth chances, etc.

The irony is that I’ve not been offended. I’m not emotionally invested enough in you to be offended. The advice that I’ve offered you has been objective and offered for your benefit. You’re free to choose how to take it and what to do with it.

You are right.....and I didn't realize it until I went back and read and re-read the original posts. I was out of line and I apologize; particularly to you and NullSmurf.

Jeff

You are right.....and I didn't realize it until I went back and read and re-read the original posts. I was out of line and I apologize; particularly to you and NullSmurf.

Jeff

Accepted, thank you. If you ever have a question about where the dotted lines are, you can ask anyone here - publicly or privately, any time. Hope to see you at the BBQ HERF, or if you can swing it, come to Vegas with us in June.

Jeff

Accepted, thank you. If you ever have a question about where the dotted lines are, you can ask anyone here - publicly or privately, any time. Hope to see you at the BBQ HERF, or if you can swing it, come to Vegas with us in June.

I'm gonna bring my girlfriend too

bikini_babe.jpg