• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Removing Child Safety from PB-207

Marcos

I love you Rocky & Sammie and Bee...thank you
Hello all. I have a Blazer I picked up in a group buy a few months ago. Nice lighter and no problems so far but the flip up safety thingy is starting to get on my nerves. Is there any way to remove this without causing major damage? Thanks

Marcos,

there should be a small round plastic dowel or rod holding the
safety together. take a small nail or something to push the rod
out one end of the safety. You might have to pull the safety off
after removing the rod because of the spring the allows the safety
to fall back into place.

you will have a hole where the safety was but the lighter
will be easier to opperate.

I hope that made sense

mark

I actually like this feature. If I put it in my pocket, it's nice to know it's impossible to torch my junk!

Hello all. I have a Blazer I picked up in a group buy a few months ago. Nice lighter and no problems so far but the flip up safety thingy is starting to get on my nerves. Is there any way to remove this without causing major damage? Thanks

Have you asked a child?

???

:D

How could something so miniscule, bothere anyone? :whistling: Great feature!!!!

Marcos,

there should be a small round plastic dowel or rod holding the
safety together. take a small nail or something to push the rod
out one end of the safety. You might have to pull the safety off
after removing the rod because of the spring the allows the safety
to fall back into place.

you will have a hole where the safety was but the lighter
will be easier to opperate.

I hope that made sense

mark

Thanks Mark, I just took mine out. I don't mind it personally but it drove me nuts that every time anybody else used it I either had to give a 2 minute tutorial or light their cigar for em.

I took a small file to mine and removed the little tab. Works great now and anyone can use it without instruction.

I took a small file to mine and removed the little tab. Works great now and anyone can use it without instruction.

I did that on the first one I removed and then went the other direction and just removed the entire safety.

I just bought the industrial version off amazon so I didn't have to deal with it. Paid 33 bucks.

edit: did a quick search and could only find the pb207C now... I'm glad I bought it when I did. Does the child resistant version still let you lock the flame on?

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/blzpb207.html - 30 dollars, non CR version.

OK so this was a pretty easy fix. What I did was rotate the lock upward, just as if I was deactivating the safety to light it. I then exerted a little more pressure and the safety went past its resistance point and stayed in place in the deactivated position. I tried to push out the pin but it was in there too tight, so I took a pair of small shears from the toolbox and just clipped it and it came right off very easily. I rotated the remaining part of the safety back down so the rough edge rotates under and viola! Took all of 2 minutes.

edited because I can't spell.

I hate massaging the safety on my buddy's Blazer whenever we're smoking at his house, so I forwarded this thread to him and I'm pleased to say that he successfully neutered it.

Thanks!