• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Renting movies

J Lew

taste like chicken
Planning on getting Lord of the Rings. Anygood? What else is good on video? :lookup:

I really liked Lord of the rings.

If your looking for another try Momento. Very interesting movie.

Rings is brilliant. McKellen,Lee,Holm and the rest of the cast are perdect for the roles..very true to the book. Can't wait for Two Towers in Dec,

Gosford Park is also a brilliant film...quite fun and engrossing..but you need to pay attention to catch the nuances in the production..excellent ensemble cast and Altman is a genius of a director.

Gosford Park does look interesting and I've heard good reviews. I've been waiting for the right mood to rent that one. When I can give my full attention.

Its wonderful. such a cast Alan Bates,Helen Mirren,Kristen Scott Thomas,Sir Michael Gambon..etc..etc...and the 20's music is so haunting. it really captures the era.

How about John Q? Also The Royal Tennanbons? (don't think I spelled correct) Any thoughts?

I haven't seen either yet. Royal Tennebaums look very good..I woud like to see it soon.

I rented and watched the Royal Tenebaums about a months ago...I'M STILL LAUGHING!!!!! :D :p :D

rt_poster.jpg

We just watched 'From Hell', the latest of the guesses on who was Jack the Ripper.

Coupla nights ago, I kinda watched (I was dozing in and out) an interview with Patricia Cornwell, author of the great M.E. heroine Kay Scarpetta, she's staking her reputation that Jack was a painter...I forgot the name that she produced, but I'm sure it will be re-run. I believe it was on 20-20.

I wish I had seen the movie before seeing the interview...well kinda saw it. ;)

Loved from Hell...but its not teallt THE LATEST ON WHO jACK tHE rIPPER WAS..THAT WHOLE STORY WAS PROVED AS A FICTICIOUS TABLOID STORY YEARS AGO..BUT ITS STILL A FUN and INTENSE FILM..iAN hOLM AND jOHNNY dEPP WERE GREAT...poor Heather Graham though can't act her way out of a paer bag,,,,,

I'll reserve judgement until I see you on the big screen sometime. ;)

Emo

Here's a thought for those out there who appreciate both screen and stage... "O Brother Where Art Thou": the play.

Think about it ;)

Lord of the Rings - excellent, excellent, excellent.

Sam

O Brother rocks - for purposes of the stage I would want the part of the Buh-bell salesman...

"Thanks for the haitus in conversation during ingestion, though there are those who attempt to do both, I find it rather... vulgar..."

Or perhaps the Governor himself...

"It's a good thing your momma is dead, looking at you now, she'd die of shame to look at you"

Or perhaps ole Hogwallop...

"Really? I slaughtered this horse last Tuesday... I'm afraid she's starting to turn."

Sam - "I don't want Fop god damnit, I'm a Dapper Dan Man!"

Rented National Lampoon's Van Wilder over the weekend. More of the same ol' same ol' from NL, but worth a very big ROFLMAO. :p