• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Repairing a Laquer finish

sir-smokes-a-lot

A Freudian Slip in progress
Not too long ago I picked up a rather cool looking cutter. From much use parts of the outside have gotten scuffed up [namely the laquered areas] [who woulda thought my keys would be so mean? :( ].

Does anyone know of a way to 'un-scuff' the laquer? Just want it to look nice and pretty again instead of pocket-scratched.

thanks.
:thumbs:

to my knowledge, the only way to fix laquer on metal is to take all the laq off and reapply by spraying or dipping the item. not sure if on the cutters they use a special blend though, due to touching something being consumed by humans. I would imagine you could touch it up and blend the laquer with a fine sanding pad on a dremel tool. generally on wood, you have to sand the entire area that is affected and then slowly build the coats of laq up to the same level and blend with a polishing tool. metal isa whole other game though. hope this helps, take care..Rob