• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

report on Grenada

hornetguy

greetings, one and all...
I made it back pretty much safe and sound from the island of Grenada. I was hoping to find some good buys on some south/central American stogs, but it was not to be.
Some folks told me I should be able to find them at the duty-free shop down on the harbor area, but then others told me they had been closed after the devastation of hurricane Ivan almost a year ago.
I did find a couple of places in St.Georges that sold a small variety of Cubanos, though.
So, on the last night, I relaxed with a R&J tubed Romeo #1 and a glass of Hennessey VSOP. I know I paid too much (almost double) for the smoke, but, it was worth it. Special occasion, good smoke, good drink, good memory.

Last time I was in Grenada, people were shooting at me.

Damn am I dating myself again :whistling: .

Ohh yeah, welcome.

Since I am lazy and probably did not see your initial thread.

MilesMingusMonk said:
ParaGod said:
[snapback]204950[/snapback]​

Mike, meet Rosy........Rosy Palm. ;) :laugh:
[snapback]204953[/snapback]​

Your a bitch you know that. :p :p

ParaGod said:
MilesMingusMonk said:
ParaGod said:

Mike, meet Rosy........Rosy Palm. ;) :laugh:
[snapback]204953[/snapback]​

Your a bitch you know that. :p :p
[snapback]204960[/snapback]​

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

May your abalone shell be filled with only the finest ashes, Mike. :cool:

With the weather being so good, I have spent quite alot of time in the back yard lately. Plus our tomatoes are coming around nicely, not quite ripe yet, plus I planted 3 habanero plants and about 5 other pepper plants.

Lumberg said:
ParaGod said:

You and stevehawk, eh?
[snapback]204957[/snapback]​

No one was shooting at me. Being in military intel (no oxymoron jokes, please) I wasn't chasing Cubans across the island. My team took over the telephone exchange in St George and "monitored" telephones for a week or so. It was fairly quiet where I was at.

The interesting part (for me anyway) was that the phone exchange was in the middle of being upgraded by the East Germans. I made out with a pretty cool East German field phone as a souvenir.

Plus, the local population was very happy to see us. Apparently, the Cubans weren't very nice to their hosts while they were there.

I was a door gunner at the time. I was brand new to the USMC, and was only 18.

I was aboard the USS Guam. A proud member of HMM-261.

I was a scared kid behind a gun. We went in to a couple hot lz's during this brief spat. I never want to do that again.

stevehawk said:
Lumberg said:
ParaGod said:

You and stevehawk, eh?
[snapback]204957[/snapback]​

No one was shooting at me. Being in military intel (no oxymoron jokes, please) I wasn't chasing Cubans across the island. My team took over the telephone exchange in St George and "monitored" telephones for a week or so. It was fairly quiet where I was at.

The interesting part (for me anyway) was that the phone exchange was in the middle of being upgraded by the East Germans. I made out with a pretty cool East German field phone as a souvenir.

Plus, the local population was very happy to see us. Apparently, the Cubans weren't very nice to their hosts while they were there.
[snapback]205017[/snapback]​

yep.. there is still a handpainted sign on a small block wall saying thanks to the Americans for helping them out. I've got a pic of it.. I'll see if I can figure out how to post it.

hornetguy said:
yep.. there is still a handpainted sign on a small block wall saying thanks to the Americans for helping them out. I've got a pic of it.. I'll see if I can figure out how to post it.
[snapback]205544[/snapback]​

I'd like to see it - Use PhotoBucket to host.

Ditto.

ParaGod said: