• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Reputation and durability of these humidors

Smokemorestressless

Hello,

This place has a warehouse by me, and before I waste time considering the climate controlled humidors, does anyone here have experience with them?

I am looking at the Redford.

Have seen the remington mentioned in here before.

Thanks,

I don't have any personal experience with larger humidors like this but here are my thoughts in general.

1. I would normally cut the count they advertise by 60%-70%
  2. If you own a lot of quality cigars, you will buy them by the box, and keep them in their box, which makes these type humidors pretty useless
  3. I have heard a LOT of complaints about the seal
  4. Unless your main goal is to make your cigars a public display, they are a lot more money than coolers ..... which work better.
Whatever you choose to do, show us some pics when you pull the trigger!

I'd spend the extra $500 and get the Remington. I've heard they are nice units, basically a wine fridge with built in humidification. Since they have a warehouse close you, don't forget about tax.. That might cancel out shipping from another location.

I don't have any personal experience with larger humidors like this but here are my thoughts in general.

1. I would normally cut the count they advertise by 60%-70%
  2. If you own a lot of quality cigars, you will buy them by the box, and keep them in their box, which makes these type humidors pretty useless
  3. I have heard a LOT of complaints about the seal
  4. Unless your main goal is to make your cigars a public display, they are a lot more money than coolers ..... which work better.
Whatever you choose to do, show us some pics when you pull the trigger!
Thanks for the productive feedback!

I don't care how they presentt look at all. I am going to be keeping cigars in Miami while I am gone for 6 months. Someone will be able to check on them for humidity for me.

The room they will be kept in is indoors, but averages 80-84°F, so I think regulated electronic cooling is needed.

I am open to any method that works, but a cooler would eventually get hot inside also. I'd rather save $ on storage, but can't afford to lose the cigars to heat.

I don't care how they presentt look at all. I am going to be keeping cigars in Miami while I am gone for 6 months. Someone will be able to check on them for humidity for me.

The room they will be kept in is indoors, but averages 80-84°F, so I think regulated electronic cooling is needed.

I am open to any method that works, but a cooler would eventually get hot inside also. I'd rather save $ on storage, but can't afford to lose the cigars to heat.
How many cigars are you talking about??? What about a Wine fridge or two?

I hope you are doing something fun for six months!

Yeah, I think it is critical to keep the temp down or you will flirt with mold.

Have fun! ..... Send pics!

I hope you are doing something fun for six months!

Yeah, I think it is critical to keep the temp down or you will flirt with mold.

Have fun! ..... Send pics!
I'm a boat Capt., so it's fir work. When we go we are gone for a while. Should be home in August/ September.

I'd spend the extra $500 and get the Remington. I've heard they are nice units, basically a wine fridge with built in humidification. Since they have a warehouse close you, don't forget about tax.. That might cancel out shipping from another location.