• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rest easy, Godspeed.

RIP, we never know what kinds of issues people are going through. I would have never thought that he would be one to commit suicide.

This one leaves a lump in my throat.

Please reach out to anyone, someone, if you are hurting or feel lost. Especially here. We're all here for each other in what ever way we can be. Sometimes just reaching out and having a conversation and knowing that someone is there to listen can work wonders. You're not alone...even if it feels like you are. There is help.

1-800-273-8255

A damn shame. Known for doing what he wanted and telling it like it is. A rare gem in tv today. Rip buddy

RIP. One of my favorite personalities...

Travel Channel had a full day of his shows, I liked the Macao show where he bungee jumped 200+ meters. RIP

This one leaves a lump in my throat.

Please reach out to anyone, someone, if you are hurting or feel lost. Especially here. We're all here for each other in what ever way we can be. Sometimes just reaching out and having a conversation and knowing that someone is there to listen can work wonders. You're not alone...even if it feels like you are. There is help.

1-800-273-8255

This needs to be repeated. Last week a friend of mine was in a similar situation, always reach out.

Anthony Bourdain was someone on the Travel Channel I watched. Both his shows, No reservations, and the Layover. Why he choose to take his own life I questioned why, but will never ever know. I thought Bourdain had a dream job & life. Never realized he was working with CNN.

He was a great chef apprently, he shows took me to many places I have never been, reminded me of some places I have been.

RIP Tony. I feel I lost a welcome house guest.

I was really sad to hear the news of Tony's passing -- more saddened when I learned that it was apparently at Tony's own hand. When I was in Iraq, we had Armed Forces Network on our computers. No Reservations came on at some obscure time in the middle of the night on Saturdays. I started recording it and watching it Sunday evenings with a cigar after I got back to my hootch for the night. As his show became part of my weekly rhythm, I began to question why I liked and disliked certain foods. I began to question what it was about a certain food that would make me say, "That's delicious!" I realized that not everything has to be sweet, salty or savory to be good in a way that my American palate was accustomed to, and there was a place for things that are umami, bitter or sour that could also be delicious. When I came home (to Japan) I told my landlord that I wanted to have an eating adventure, and he helped me have my own tiny glimpse of Tony's world through some of the local foods I hadn't mustered the courage to try solo. A friend and I do a thing we call "Chasing Bourdain" where we try to copy whole episodes of No Reservations. There are few people who ever lived who could string words together the way AB did. He inspired me to broaden my palate and embrace an adventure of eating. RIP Tony...

Kitchen Confidential remains somewhere in my list of favorite books. It's a gritty, exciting ode to the kitchens where Bourdain carved out his living for most of his adult life.

His travels outside the US were always fun to watch, delivering viewers to parts of the world most will never see, and doing so in a fun and captivating way. What I've always especially appreciated about Bourdain, however, is his treatment of American cultures different than his own. Tony had a talent for getting past the divisions so present in our collective consciousness. Watch this season's of Parts Unknown episode in West Virginia--it's simply beautiful television; the kind of stuff we need more of.

Plus he had really great taste in music.

Here's a toast to Mr. Bourdain.