• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rest in Peace, Neil

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Staff member
Heartbroken. In my opinion, the greatest drummer in rock history has passed away. A talent that had to be admired, and respected. An artist, author, and musician that defined what greatness sounded like. Their music was a soundtrack for much of my life, and one of my favorite bands of all time. Safe passage, Neil....Godspeed, fair winds, and calm seas.

Tonight, I'll be listening to Rush......

I saw that -- very sad. Apparently he had brain cancer that he never made public. Neil was also a prolific motorcyclist, which is actually how I had come to know him. I had heard of and heard RUSH, obviously, but was never a really big fan. To find out that the guy doing all these cool adventure riding things was the drummer for such a legendary band made me take notice of them, and I listened to them a bit more after that. He was possibly the greatest drummer in the history or rock/progressive music. He will be missed.

A million songs you could post / mention, but this one is the intro to their last tour....a medley of some of their original tunes. If you've never heard of them or seen them in action, it's not a bad intro.....

I read about that from your Facebook page earlier this evening.
The first time I heard Rush at 14 years old, I couldn’t believe it was only three guys putting out all that sound. But, those drums just stood on their own!
I’d be hard pressed to pick the greatest rock n roll drummer of all time between Neil Peart and John Bonham.
Sad Day!

Last edited:
What a great talent in so many ways. I've always been a RUSH fan, but honestly it was because of Peart. You can listen to their entire library and hear only the drums. He'll be missed.