• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Review of Anejo and Padron '26

Azon

My next reviews are Añejo No.46 and Padrón 1926 No.6 Natural both supplied by the crazy Moki-man! ;)

We can start out with the Anejo.
This is my first Anejo ever and i had heard alot of good things about these smokes and i was excited to finally try one out.

As i noticed first with this stick was the WONDERFULL smell. It was like sticking a GOOD choclatbar under the nose. It was an awsome smell.

The preligth taset was also very nice. It didn´t taste "fresh" I could taste the years it have been stored.

The taste of it lit-up was also great BUT i was a little dissapointed. Every thing was so great but the smoke didnt give me the same thrill as the smell gave me. But it was an awsome smoke. Every cigar i have tryed that comes with some age are great. I havn´t tryed one aged stick that wasn´t good. Thanx Moki for giving me the chance to try this one out. I give this one an 7 out of 10. I got one more and it will be great to try this one out soon as well.

Next one then.

Padrón 1926 No.6 Natural
This is a beautiful cigarr. Short but very nice looking. I love the i quality feeling that padron puts into these cigars.

The taste then, i have tryed the '64 Maduro. (dont know the size) and this one was great as well as this one. The only thing that i thougt was better with the '64 mad was the maduro wrapper. im a maduro guy and i would think the '26 would be better with maduro.

It was very mild and smooth. I love the smooth creamy feel of the smoke. And i got great volume of smoke to so i give this stick an 8 out of 10. I would be better with maduro and i would hope a can try one out sometimes soon ;)

Im a newbie when it comes to reviews i hope you can find something in my reviews that you can find intresting.

Until the next time! Have fun!

Best regards
Andreas

Simple and to the point Azon nice.

To bad on the anejo my first was out of this world equal to or better than my first cuban.

Excellent reviews! I agree with you that the 1926s are better in Maduro; just a personal preference. We'll have to get you to try 'em next. ;)

As for the Añejo, that's disappointing -- but hey, try a few more to be sure. They are great cigars, IMHO.

thanks for the reviews, azon.

I always find reviews of these 2 lines specifically (any añejo and any 1926) most interesting because, at present, they're both probably my favorites.

yeah, that pre-light chocolate smell on the añejo sounds right on, as for your smoking experience, I agree with moki, give a few more the chance to change your mind.

funny, as much of a fan as I am of both the 1964 and 1926 lines, I've never been abe to break free of buying only maduros. but as the cliché goes, "if it ain't broke..." :)

Nice reviews. Of all the 1964 and 1926 I have ever purchased or smoked, the only size of any that I have tried in non-Maduro is the 1926 #6. I find it a great stick, stronger with a more leathery taste than the #6 Maduro. Yet for all the greatness of the stick, the Maduro version wins hands down. As for the Anejos, it took a a few tries and a few sizes before I began to appreciate these. Now I really look forward to my somewhat rare Anejo experiences.

Hey man great reviews! I'm a fan of the maduro Padrons too!

And look at it this way, if you don't like the Anejos, then you don't have to ever worry about hunting them down. But hey that's half the fun! :D

Nice review. It's always good to hear other's take on a cigar.

I haven't had a '26 yet (love the 64's), but I have a '26 #9 Maduro coming in a sampler and hope it's here midweek, so I can rest it a little before the Super Bowl.

Bruce

Thanks Azon for the reviews.

I agree with moki, the Padron 1926's are much better in a maduro version and ya gotta try some more Anejos. My first few experiences with Anejos were "What's the big deal?" but after I was able to smoke a few more, I got to appreciate them.

I was lucky enough to trade for ten of the 48's (the churchill size, oh oh I hope I didn't screw that up again :D ).

Speaking of which, does anyone have a link to a size chart vs. model # for Anejos?

coventrycat86 said:
I agree with moki, the Padron 1926's are much better in a maduro version and ya gotta try some more Anejos. My first few experiences with Anejos were "What's the big deal?" but after I was able to smoke a few more, I got to appreciate them.
[snapback]162655[/snapback]​

Yep.... seems to me you can't give any cigar line a fair evaluation until you've smoked a good number of 'em.

One of these days, I'll take nice pictures of all of the Anejo and Opus vitolas, and put 'em up on the web. Would be useful, since Fuente's web site is pretty out of date.

Moki or anyone, are there other Anejos that are out there that are NOT on that list other than the 77's?

Yep.... seems to me you can't give any cigar line a fair evaluation until you've smoked a good number of 'em.

Very true, I'm sure you remember my Opus experience Andrew (first few "HUH?" then a few more and "HEY, pretty darn good ceegar" :D )

How do ya get the fancy symbol over the "n"? ???

Oh and you guys may like a lancero but I'm not as much of a fan. :( I tend to not like anything under a 42 or 44 ring. Probably because I puff too much and thinner cigars burn too hot for me.

Hold down the ALT key and type 0209 on the number pad to give you the Ñ in caps or ALT 0241 for smaill ñ
®

coventrycat86 said:

Oh and you guys may like a lancero but I'm not as much of a fan. :( I tend to not like anything under a 42 or 44 ring. Probably because I puff too much and thinner cigars burn too hot for me.
[snapback]162700[/snapback]​

AVB said:
Hold down the ALT key and type 0209 on the number pad to give you the Ñ in caps or ALT 0241 for smaill ñ
®

coventrycat86 said:

[snapback]162700[/snapback]​
[snapback]162702[/snapback]​
ah! is that how it's done?
I was just copying & pasting moki's! :laugh:

Maybe it was a crazy cigar day because I "skipped class" to "make-out" with a 46 myself. First anejo in awhile. I loved every minute. Then EShaw informed me he bought a 46 today. Dum dum dum...... :whistling:

Back