• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Review of Cuaba Salamone (Perfecto)

LGHT

Banned
Cuaba Salamone (Perfecto)
Cuaba_S.jpg

18.4cm in length with a 2.20 cm diameter
7 X 54-57

Well this will be my first review and I decided to write it because sekoudog was trying to gather info on the taste of the cigar and was unable to find anything on forum. Since his questioning I decided to bring a smoke that will truely last to my first herf at the Burbank Bar and Grill Herf.

Let me describe the cigar first. The cigar size is itself is a treat as it's a "Perfecto". A shaped cigar that is fatter in the middle, closed at its head and tapered or closed at its foot.

The cigar was from a box in 03 I believe the code is OSUFEB03. The wrapper was a medium tan, that looked almost golden aginst with subtile vains surrounding the head. The construction appeared flawless and was obviosly rolled with great care and patince. The tip itself had a nice "nipple" that made me question to smoke it or to suckle it from the wrong side. The cap was nice and tight as you could see a small indication of stretching. The band was a nice red background with bright golden letters that laid nicely around the all gold outer portion of the band.
Pre light draw was smooth and easy. The flavor was mild, but you could taste slight hints of sweet cream and spice. It reminded me of the first sip of a latte. Lighting this perfecto was as easy as the smooth medium draw. Once the nipple cought the flame the draw was effortless as the smoke easily spewed from the tip. The first few herfs where great. I recall having to take a few more than normal herfs at first to really unleash the flavors. You could taste slight sweet and creamy almost fruity flavors as the cigar began to burn into the larger portion. Then after about 6-7 minutes into the cigar the taste almost seemed to morph into another cigar going from a med/mild cigar to a med/full body cigar. The same sweet creaminess was slightly apperant, but it also added some earthy spiceness as the cigar proceeded. This didn't taste like other cuaba i've smoked in the past and started to remind me of a partagas short on some levels. As I recall this was about the time I licked my lips in enjoyment and I belive it was a bit obvious. The burn was perfect and never wondered from one side to the other. By this time I was really enjoying the cigar after almost 30 minutes and not even reaching half of it's length. As the cigar continued the obvious twang and spice of a habana was really comming through. The richness and full body of the cigar was becoming more and more obvious. About 45 min into the smoke I decided to melow out the full body richness with a cup of coffee. The smoke continued to get stronger as the spice grew stronger. The smoke then brought out some earthy, tanning taste as I past the first hour of the cigar which went good with the coffee. The cigar seemed to last forever going on and on as others where already half way through the second smoke. The full body twang kept getting better and better as I was nearing the band and almost an hour and 15 minutes into it. By this time the cigar was giving me the easy feeling as I smoked and sipped it for almost an hour and a half. I have always enjoyed these cigars and really enjoy the complexity and diverse taste the seem to always come out.

If you have the time and enjoy med/full bodied cigars and have ever smoked a Salamone before this is a must try smoke can't wait until the next few arrive!

Appearance: 9/10
Construction: 9/10
Flavor: 17/20
Finish: 9/10
Smoking experience: 18/20
Aroma: 8/10
Overall impression: 18/20

Total: 88/100

:thumbs: Great review man! We'll expect them to be comeing on a weekly basis now!

Emo

Thanks for the review. I have a box and I have been waiting to smoke them until 2 years old which will be in September.

Nice review... these always seem to be a bit grassy and uninteresting to me :/ -- in any event, the reviews forum is over here -- hope this is the first of many reviews from you.

thanks for the info i'll make sure to post the next few on that page.