• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Review of Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure Especial

Kart001

Hi everyone

This review will be about the Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure Especial

Wrapper color : Colorado

Type : Double robusto

Pre light : mostly herbal and cedar. The construction seems good.

1st third : I was expecting something sweet and was a little surprised because the savour was a little bitter but not unpleasant.

On the retrohaling, the aromas are from my point of view vegetal (herbal) and cacao.

2nd third : the flavour stays bitter and the aromas become a little more on the nuts (very pleasant) with also some wood (oak I’ll say).

3rd third : No big changes on the savour and the aromas tend now more toward the « toasted » with still the wood andnthe nuts even more pronounced (almonds maybe).

I was a little disappointed with the burning with an uneven burning of the cigar I had to compensate twice (cf pictures).

What I like :
  • Some nice aromas (nuts especially)
  • good density of the smoke
What I didn’t like :
  • a limited panel sensorial
  • a little bitter (to my mind)
  • the burning
I guess you’ll have understood but I’m a little « divided » : not a bad cigar at all but I was expecting something « more » or maybe I don’t have enough experience to really enjoy it. I guess I’ll try in a few months (and maybe with a cigar a little more aged »).

So general rating will be 7/10 for me because if it wasn’t a « crush », I nevertheless had a good time with this cigar :).

Attachments

• 20200830_191846.gif
    20200830_191846.gif
    877.6 KB · Views: 5
Kart, you write a sweet review. I am not a CC guy, but you appear to have the nose and taste to appreciate and share.