• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Review of Montecristo Small Edmundo

Kart001

Hi everyone

This week’s review will be about the « Small Edmundo » Montecristo which wasn’t the best experience I’ve had with a cigar !…

Wrapper : Colorado

Type : Small Edmundo

Pre Lighting : mainly woody. The construction seems great.

1st third : very strong beginning (too much from my point of view…). The flavours are very spicy and the smoke’s consistency is great.

On the retrohaling, aromas are woody, earthy with some pepper.

2nd third : not much evolution with mainly the same flavours

The aromas are also close from the 1st third : very woody and earthy with a little leather

3rd third : the flavours are still similar but a little more salty and globally the same aromas

I don’t have much experience but this is the 1st time I didn’t sense much evolution during the smoking.

The drawing and combustion were anyway good.

What I liked

• Good drawing
  • Good consistency of the smoke
What I didn't like :

• A limited palette of aromas
  • Not much evolution
  • Not very « delicate »
This was globally an average experience : not catastrophic for sure but the flavours were from my point of view too limited and not really to my taste. I was expecting something better and more subtle.

The cigar was anyway well constructed and well balanced but at the end I’ll say it was an average cigar so my note will match that feeling with a 5/10.

Attachments

• 20200928_162302.gif
    20200928_162302.gif
    617.6 KB · Views: 11
Another great, well-detailed review. Sorry the cigar was so one-dimensional for you, but a great draw and lots of smoke definitely make it a more pleasant smoking experience.

I like the bite that fresh/young Montecristo and Partagas seem to have. The downside, you take a risk, because some young ones lack complexity. From Montecristo a boring paper like flavor. From Partagas, a dirt, not in a good way flavor. You most definitely have to trust your source.