• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Richmond Herf

What can I say that hasn't been said already!

Lee, thanks for setting things up and your generosity.

Devin, as always great spending time with you my friend. Thank you very much for your generosity also! I understand Havana 59 is looking for you to bring back the pieces of plaster that fell on your head and you walked out with. ;)

Great meeting Blair and his wife. Hope us F.O.G.s didn't scare your bride Blair.

Bob, great meeting you and thank you very much.

Arlin, it was nice to finally meet you.

Will, you didn't do too bad for your first herf buddy!

In order:

Hemingway Signature Maduro
Dunhill Atados
Juan Lopez Seleccion #2
Davidoff Chateau Latour
Bolivar Petit Corona

For the ride home:

Comacho 7/05
Sancho Panza Belicosos

Ya know, Richmond is only about a ten hour drive for me and the weather was fine even for this time of year.

What a line up of cigars!!! Holy COW!!!

It sounds like a great time and I'll definately try to fit in in next year!!

Next year, we may have to turn this thing up a notch!!

I'll see what I can do!

Bob, I thought you were joining this site??? LMAO

Arlin, I'll see you this Saturday!

Guys, I was a little out of it last night. So let me say that I really enjoyed herfing with you all this weekend! I was definitely keyed up for the early morning drive to Dulles!!

And Blair, the Ashton kept me from dozing off on the way home!

Not bad for a bunch of elitest FOG's, huh??

Thanks to all of you for the very generous gifts!!!

Lee :D

Now that I have more time to write about the weekend,

Lee: It was a pleasure to finally meet you. You were the consummate host and overly generous. Havana 59 could not have been a better place to have the herf. The filet mignon was one of the best I have had in years. The Mojitos were so good I thought I was in Cuba (may have had something to do with the quantity of Mojitos, as well). :) And the Kelt. The wonderful, wonderful Kelt. The evening was fantastic! Thank you for your efforts in putting the herf together; thank you for the Opuses (or is it, Opi? :) ); and thank you for your overwhelming generosity throughout the evening.

Devin: It was a pleasure to meet you as well. In a world of superstar herfers, you Da' MAN! You had cigars in your humidor that even God can't put his hands on! :D Genuflecting in your general direction: I'm not worthy. I'm not worthy. I was nervous just being near your humidor! :p Kidding aside, I greatly enjoyed your company, and like Lee, you are way too generous. (Not a bad fault to have!) I just hope I have an occasion in my life soon that is worthy of lighting up the Dunhill Atado you gave me. Thanks again.

Blair and Blair's Lovely Wife (Sorry I can't remember your name. I blame it on the fifth Mojito :) ): You are a great couple with a great future. I look forward to seeing you at future herfs and hope you put those cigars to good use! :)

Bob: It was a pleasure meeting you. You are truly a host in search of a party! Thank you for the Avo 77, it was an excellent smoke; thank you for the Assignat paper; and thank you especially for your hospitality. I will try my darndest to make the April herf!

Bill: What can I say, Buddy? You have rarely, if ever, led me astray, and the Richmond Herf was no exception. Thank you for the 11/18 and other cigars. I am looking forward to sampling the many treasures I brought back from Richmond!

I smoked:

On the way to Richmond

Padron Magnum

At Havana 59

Camacho SLR
AVO 77 (thanks Bob)
Partagas Short (thanks Leebo)
RyJ Exhibicion No. 4
Montecristo No. 4
Bolivar Fuerte Cuban Corona (lit at midnight)

On the way home (Sunday)

Partagas Spanish Rosada
Camacho Corrojo

Take care, Bacchus

I knew I was forgetting something,

Arlin: It was great to meet the maker of the beautiful humidors I have been reading about. I hope you continue to build such wonderful furniture for many years to come.

Take care, Bacchus

WTF.... I knew I shoulda come to this herf!!! Sounds like a good time..maybe next year....

LMAO@Matt

Matt, I did see lots of Cohibas there...... :sign:

herf-vi.jpg

Hmmm, the infamous Traveldor of Devins. It is amazing what he pulls out of there sometimes.

Emo

Jeez..not only a lot of Cohibas, but also a beautiful lady. I miss all the good herfs!! :p :0 I'm assuming the ONLY bad part about the whole herf was the fact that the beautiful lady had to sit next to Leebo!!!

LMAO

She didn't seem to mind... ;)

J/K Blair!!!

Yeah, well the fact you brought your gun with you may have had an impact...... :D

emodx said:
Leebo8-9-8 said:
I recognize the usuall suspects, now how bout the rest of the Yahoo's?!?!?
Emo if you haven't figured it out Blair and his lovely bride are in the front. Bacchus is seated across from me. You know the rest! :D

Way, way overdue, but here is my take:

I have stumbled upon the friendliest and most genuine people on the face of the earth.

I expected to have a good time. And I expected to get alone with my CP buddies. What I didn’t expect, however, was to find that I was way under-expecting. I was blown away by the great hospitality of these people. My wife and I had a tremendous time and I cannot thank everyone enough for that. The atmosphere was perfect. There was great food, beer, and a cognac that answers my question asked in the Cognac: What do I do with it? thread.

Before I walked into Havana59 about the best cigar in my humi was an HdM Excalibur. Now, I’m not knocking the Excalibur. I happen to love them. But they’re presently taking a backseat to the Padron 1926, DC Maximus, OpusX, Fuente Reserva Xtra Viejo, and Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8. Can you guess who these were from? I'll give you a hint - it was Lee. There is also a new (well, not new – nicely aged, in fact) Cohiba Reserva sitting in my humidor. The poor thing probably misses its home. My humidor isn’t the Neverland Things-Dreams-Are-Made-Of Humidor that it came from. Hopefully soon I’ll have an occasion good enough to warrant putting it out of its misery. Thank you for that very fine cigar, Devin! OK, ok, I'm done dropping (brand) names but thanks also to Shadow and Bacchus for the fine cigars that you gentlemen let me get away with.

Bob, Lee, Bill, Will, and Devin: It is my sincere pleasure to have met you all. I cannot wait to do it again.

I guess what I really want to say is this: it turns out that FOGs aren't such bad guys after all! :sign: :D

I hope to see you guys again real soon.

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Anyway, had a great time with ... Blair's wife,
Whoa! Hold the phone! :0 Where the heck was I? In the bathroom?

:sign: :sign: :sign:

blair said:
Way, way overdue, but here is my take:

I have stumbled upon the friendliest and most genuine people on the face of the earth.

I expected to have a good time. And I expected to get alone with my CP buddies. What I didn’t expect, however, was to find that I was way under-expecting. I was blown away by the great hospitality of these people. My wife and I had a tremendous time and I cannot thank everyone enough for that. The atmosphere was perfect. There was great food, beer, and a cognac that answers my question asked in the Cognac: What do I do with it? thread.

Before I walked into Havana59 about the best cigar in my humi was an HdM Excalibur. Now, I’m not knocking the Excalibur. I happen to love them. But they’re presently taking a backseat to the Padron 1926, DC Maximus, OpusX, Fuente Reserva Xtra Viejo, and Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8. Can you guess who these were from? I'll give you a hint - it was Lee. There is also a new (well, not new – nicely aged, in fact) Cohiba Reserva sitting in my humidor. The poor thing probably misses its home. My humidor isn’t the Neverland Things-Dreams-Are-Made-Of Humidor that it came from. Hopefully soon I’ll have an occasion good enough to warrant putting it out of its misery. Thank you for that very fine cigar, Devin! OK, ok, I'm done dropping (brand) names but thanks also to Shadow and Bacchus for the fine cigars that you gentlemen let me get away with.

Bob, Lee, Bill, Will, and Devin: It is my sincere pleasure to have met you all. I cannot wait to do it again.

I guess what I really want to say is this: it turns out that FOGs aren't such bad guys after all! :sign: :D

I hope to see you guys again real soon.
You poor poor man, herfing with the likes of these. :sign: Plus the venue works well. Maybe next year.

Emo

blair said:
LMAO!!!

Glad to meet you and your wife, Blair! It was a pleasure and welcome to the dark side, buddy!!! LMAO :sign: