• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RIP Patrick Swayze

BigJake6904

Fat Texan
Reaction score
A great actor and a great man finally lost his battle with cancer today at age 57. My prayers go out to his friends and family.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090915/ap_on_en_mo/us_obit_swayze_5

That's a shame, I met him once while he was here filming a movie. Very nice man with some awesome rhodesian ridgebacks! He was so overwhelmed with people meeting him that I only said hi in passing as I felt bad for him. It took like 15 people from the crew to get him out of the bar.
Very nice man.

Very sad news. RIP

Too, too young. RIP, Mr. Swayze, and may your ancestors welcome you warmly into their bright company.

Such a shame. Lotta good movies, that guy.

~Boar

RIP...........I know my wife will be monopolizing the TV for Dirty Dancing and Ghost this weekend.

That was a real person who just happened to be an actor. At least that's how I always viewed him.

RIP, Patrick.

Awww hell...the final scene in Ghost always gets me. :blush:

RIP...Loved Swayze in Point Break. Awesome character that he portrayed well. I think he displayed a lot of courage and determination in the way the he faced and handled his battled with cancer.

If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and check out The Beast. It was a short series on A&E. I'm only halfway through it (my wife is rarely in the mood for that type of programming, so we've been making slow progress) but from what I've seen, I've really enjoyed it, though I can't say for sure whether it ends neatly (or at least the way it was written) or whether it ends abruptly due to his condition. It's pretty dark, gritty, complicated, etc., and even if it doesn't have much in terms of an ultimate resolution, I'm really looking forward to watching the last few episodes currently mouldering in our TiVo.

From what I understand, he took the part after having received his diagnosis and wanted to act one more time while he still could. He was sick all through shooting and I believe he refused certain elements of his treatment and/or painkillers so that he could keep his edge and play the character the way he envisioned it.

Captain--there's nothing guilty about Roadhouse. Perhaps Point Break, but only due to Keanu...

I was saddened to hear the news the other day :( I loved him...I feel the need for some Dirty Dancing. I also loved Roadhouse and Ghost. RIP Mr. Swayze!

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner." ***melt***

Melly :blush:

No one's mentioned 'To Wong Foo'

Funny as hell!

Yes. He will be missed.

:(

Godspeed Patrick Swayze. He was a geniunely nice fellow.

His birthing nurse told his mom "he has a star on his head". I always found that interesting.