• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Balboa

Brickhouse

J.C. Newman owes me royalties.
Well, I went out and saw it last night with my wife.

I gotta admit, I actually liked it, I liked it a lot as a matter of fact. Yeah, it's no Oscar winner or thinker, but it's a feel good movie that actually does the character and series right in the way that it ends it all.

Anyone else see it yet? Just curious of other opinions.

Oh, the wife liked it as well.

I am looking forward to seeing it. I have always enjoyed the Rocky films, I am sure that this one will be no different.

I saw where Sly is also about to or is filming a new First Blood movie as well, I will be looking forward to it as well.

Speaking of old guys, I also see where Harrison Ford, George Lucas, and Steven Spielberg announced they are about to start shooting the fourth in the Indiana Jones series! Wah Hoo!

I saw it and I liked it. I thought it was definitely better than the last couple of rocky movies too

I am excited about seeing it...I hated the 5th one, but because I am such a Rocky fan, I want to see it....Yo Adrian!

Melly

I thought it was an excellent way to tie up everything into a nice package. I'm glad the saga didn't go out with Tommy Gun in Rocky V!

Me and the wife went and saw it on Christmas.... I thought it was pretty damn good!! Great way to wrap it up.

It is a pretty damn good flick. I really enjoyed watching it the one thing I disliked was the opponent. Could have been a card board cut out for all the acting ability he had. Good thing he didn't matter to the story at all. Inspirational.

Took the family to see it and everyone loved it. Rocky is a sympathetic hero, this mug and the people around him are imperfect and real. We all felt good when we left the theater. You gotta go see this flick! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Speaking of old guys, I also see where Harrison Ford, George Lucas, and Steven Spielberg announced they are about to start shooting the fourth in the Indiana Jones series! Wah Hoo!

Thankfully, Spielberg will be there to keep Lucas from destroying it like he tried to with the DVD release of their other super-hit co-project: ET (not to mention the disgustingly PC-ed 'special editions' of the original Star Wars trilogy).

I just might have to check it out later today. I'm a huge Rocky fan, but didn't care for 5.

I thought it was OK. It's easily the best since the first Rocky, but I thought Stallone simply talked too much. He's not a very talented speaker I guess. The story was nice. They didn't try to hide the fact that Rocky, and Stallone himself, was old. He didn't expect to win either. Many things could have gone wrong with this movie, but it ended up good.

I haven't seen it yet but...

Sometimes movie companies use popular titles and characters to fill their pockets with extra revenue on the successes of originally good movies. I think after a while it just cheapens the experience. Isn't this Rocky 7?

Saw it, and it wasn't bad. Much better then the last 2. My expectations were so low that anything reasonable woudl have been good to me. :laugh:

Back