• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel 1961

uptown_isy

The Man Uptown
When I got back from New Orleans, I talked about a new cigar from Rocky, called the 1961, which I really enjoyed. I finally got them in, although I expected them much later. This cigar is unlike any other Rocky cigar out there. It's a full bodied blend and it's also the first cigar to come out of Rocky's new factory in Esteli. Originally, I was told that this cigar is Rocky's first Nicaraguan Puro. I've read that it uses a Honduran binder, so now I'm waiting for a response from Rocky's people as to whether it's a puro or not. I would like to send out three to established members here. One is already being sent out to our "resident cigar reviewer", and I'd like to send out another 2. The first 2 people to post "I WANT ONE" will get them. There are conditions, however. First, you must be a member in good standing for at least 6 months. You must all post a review and rate the cigar once you've smoked it. Thanks.

DONE! Thanks David and Los...I'll send out your sticks today, and will also send to our resident reviewer, Kingantz. Whether you like the cigar or not, keep in mind that I don't manufacture them. So please post your honest reviews.

Drat!!! Missed it by a couple minutes. Can't wait to hear what everyone thinks of these. I'll have to pick up a few sometime soon to try them myself.

Fantastic! Thanks Israel! Looking forward to trying this cigar. I don't smoke many RP's anymore, maybe two a month, but do enjoy the OWR and SG.

Fantastic! Thanks Israel! Looking forward to trying this cigar. I don't smoke many RP's anymore, maybe two a month, but do enjoy the OWR and SG.

I know, G. That's why I want you to try this. It's not your typical Rocky. I'm not saying you'll love this cigar, but it will definitely be a change of pace to what you're used to with Rocky. Hopefully you'll enjoy it.

DC #s Greg 0309 0330 0000 3991 7283
Los 0309 0330 0000 3991 7276
David 0309 0330 0000 3991 7290

I guess I'll be swinging by the shop tomorrow night to grab one of these. I love me some RP's!

Awwwww Come on! I want one!

Wonder why this never came up when I would click on "Veiw new content"

Nice gifts Isy,
Looking forward to the release.

I smoked my first 1961 yesterday and I liked it. Medium to full-bodied, with great flavor and construction. :thumbs:

Going to a RP tasting this friday, looking forward to trying the new releases from Rocky.

Sweet Isy!

PM on its way. Always great to deal with, Thanks!

Smoked the 1961 last night. Awesome stick! Exactly the kind of cigar I enjoy. Medium to full bodied, and extremely smooth, for the majority of the smoke. It started off quite spicy, and peppery, even lightly biting back at my tongue. Then it settled into a smooth, earthy smoke, with great flavor the rest of the way. I'm definitely going to add several of these to my humidor. RP does it again!

Thanks again Isy, you're good people. See you Thursday night!

-Joe

Got the 1961 today with one VERY nice tag along, thank you very much Israel! Looking forward to putting fire to this RP, will get a review posted up probably this coming weekend.

Thanks again brother!