• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel Xen a pleasant surprise

americanfighter

I have recently been staying away from RP and smoking ashton, my father, padrona and the ever popular opus x, however when talking to a cigar expert he recommended Rocky's new Xen. I wasn't expecting much but I must say I was pleasantly surprised.

When I first took the cigar out of the wrapper it felt alittle soft and squishy but over all felt it was well constructed.

Light
It lit up with no problems and was well lit throughout the whole cigar.

Flavor
The theam behind this cigar is rethink the Connecticut. It is a cigar with a Connecticut wrapper but is more powerful than one would expect.
First third
The beginning brought alot of pepper and spice and a somewhat nutty flavor. The spice started to go away at the end of the third and there was a hint of creamy flavor.

Second third
Into the second third the creamy flavor really became prevalent and the spice went away entirely. This held constant for awhile then i started to notice a sweet oily taste to it start to come up.

Final third
Creamy taste was still there however the sweet oily (almost fruity) taste began to take over. Also idk if this was just me but for a very short while I think I tasted a little mint in there too. More than half way through the final third the spice and pepper flavor starts to come back and the other flavors start to fade away until the end.

Conclusion
I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Rocky is not my favorite brand but this may end up being one of my favorite cigars. It was the most complex cigar I ever had and the flavors were all good. I like cigars that make you think and this was one of them. I wouldrecommend the Xen to others as I very much enjoyed it.

Happy smoking

Nice review bro, RP seem to blend a lot of good cigars, may have to try this one a some stage.

Thanks it's my first review

RP is not a bad cigar company I like the 15th anniversary and obviously I like the zen however the problem with RP is they have so many cigars that the tend to neglect some of their older ones when newer ones come out.

Back