• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Roger Waters tour Performs the Wall!

redraider

Whoa Thats Cold
Just got tickets, AMEX customers where allowed a pre order which is nice. Actual tickets do not go on sale until Monday. Concert is not until Nov 20 here in Houston but I am siked!! He is performing the whole Wall album. I hope he doesnt kill over before then :laugh: They are probably one if not my favorite band. I just turned 30 last year so I didnt catch them in their prime, But I am still pretty excited about seeing Roger. I am sure myself and the wife might be the youngest couple in the club seats!! :sign:

Enjoy! That's one show I'd like to see. When I was younger I got into Floyd when The Division Bell came out. Wish I would have talked my parents into letting me go to that tour. Sad that Rick Wright passed away.

One of my favorite bands too. Meddle is probably my favorite album though. Hard to choose.

Fasten your seat belts. I saw the Roger Waters "Dark Side Of The Moon" show in Seattle a couple years ago. Took my kids. It was pretty incredible!

You can't see my jealous face right now. Pink Floyd has done some amazing work. That reminds me, I have to rip and load my new iPod with some tunes!

Wife and I are going too, scored em as soon as the amex presale went up. We will be at the December San Jose show and having never had the chance to see the true Pink Floyd I am pretty psyched for this show.

I am a fan of Floyd myself, never seen them in concert though. I did see a very interesting documentary on the band though and it covered their entire career. It was interesting to see from both sides at the same time the rift between Waters and Gilmore (and the rest of the band). Even though I believe they have some what patched things up Dave Gilmore pretty much said no way to ever reuniting on the same stage, which Waters really wanted/wants to happen.

I fall into the Gilmore camp on the issue but Roger Waters had an awesome Bass line in Another Brick in the Wall which aside from Sweet Emotion from Areosmith is my all time favorite.

Officially very jealous. I'll have to check and see if the tour is coming anywhere near me!

I would love to go see this! But I blew my load on Rush tickets for September. The Floyd is one of my must see bands before I die. The other two are Rush (got that one covered!), and KISS!

Pick me up a t-shirt! XL please! :whistling:

Just got mine for the Denver show. After they practice down in Houston they're coming up here.

My wife got tix for November in Philly. I really can't understand why tickets cost so much. F'n ripoff.

It's just not the same without Gilmour too...

Would love to see this. Mother is one of my favorites from The Wall.

I checked pollstar and see that RW is coming to St Paul on 10/27. I'll be out of town on a biz trip in Louisville that week. Nuts! :(

edit to add: Holy smokes those tickets are expensive. $274 to be on the floor for that show. Ouch!

I am just a new boy,
Stranger in this town.
Where are all the good times?
Who's gonna show this stranger around?
Ooooh, I need a dirty woman.
Ooooh, I need a dirty girl.

Will some cold woman in this desert land
Make me feel like a real man?
Take this rock and roll refugee
Oooh, baby set me free.

I checked pollstar and see that RW is coming to St Paul on 10/27. I'll be out of town on a biz trip in Louisville that week. Nuts! :(

edit to add: Holy smokes those tickets are expensive. $274 to be on the floor for that show. Ouch!

They where a little cheaper here at $199, but to be honest with ya, this is one of the few times I said screw it. I really wanted to go and do it right.

I guess I'll be one not to attend this tour....even while being a enormous Pink Floyd fan. I come from the David Gilmour camp and couldn't imagine anyone else playing those signature Floyd guitar solos other than him. I've seen every tour since 'A Saucerful of Secrets' (the first tour without Syd) and I have to say, no Floyd tour is a Floyd tour without Gilmour....a tour using studio musicians and 'sound alike' lead singers is not the real deal. You can say "it's all about the music", but as a fan, it just wouldn't have the same feel to me.

BUT, if there was ever a tour built for Waters...it's The Wall. It was "his baby" through and through....even though HE DIDN'T want to do a full tour of this album. He acted like a complete a-hole playing with his back to Gilmour and the audience most of the time and saying stupid sh*t before & after the songs. I remember we were saying during the concert he was "going Syd on us". Yet, three of the seminal songs to emerge from that album (Comfortably Numb, Run Like Hell, Young Lust) were co-written by David Gilmour. When I saw the original Wall tour at the Nassau Colosseum, I walked out of there with an 'eh' type of reaction then....and that was 30 years ago. It was by far the tour I liked the least. There were these awkward pauses during the whole concert and weird animations projected on the Wall that only Waters understood (back then)...made to 'provoke thought' while the wall was built. :rolleyes: ...it was good to see the flying pig again though!

The 'A Momentary Lapse of Reason' and 'The Division Bell' concerts blew 'The Wall' concert away in my opinion...and that's just my opinion!

Enjoy the concerts guys and report back next Fall & Winter with the results.

I've seen The Wall live in Berlin after the wall had come done!
I'm glad I was there, if this comes to Holland I'll definitely go!

But I do agree that there is no substitute for Gilmours guitar solo's.

Rene