• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

roll your own tobacco

mtschust

I just bought a rolling machine kit to roll my own cigarettes. Anyone out there know of any good tobacco to try? I am using the stuff that came with the kit, it is pretty cheap and I know there are lots of other options. My ideas so far, Bali shag or Mclintock. Any ideas?

I'm only familiar with drug store brands, but years ago, I used to smoke Bugler. They were almost as good as my beloved Camels. Top wasn't bad either. The old timers used Half and Half. That was a little much for me.

Doc.

When I messed around with this in college I used Drum. My friends and I really loved the smokes, but it got pretty darned expensive. This was when cigarettes were about $1.75/pack in Indiana.

Eventually I just got lazy and went back to my camels.

I had a hell of a time trying to explain to my mom why she found rolling papers in my truck... :laugh:

Rolled my own back in the early '80's. Didn't care for the low quality tabacco. If I did still smoke those coffin nails i would probably roll my own again for the $ savings. Glad I don't smoke cigarettes any more!

Peter Stokkebye has some great RYO, Amsterdam Shag being a personal favorite. They have numerous great tobaccos probably the biggest selection out there. Jester is a good Am Shag as is Samson. Bali Shag is not bad either. Hope this helps,

Al

I used to smoke cigarettes, and when I rolled my own I liked one called "Three Castles".

The BEST I've ever smoked is "Three Castles."
Unfortunately the UK company that owns the brnd stopped importing to the US for fear of getting their pants sued off.

You can still find it over-seas, and I'm sure there is a way to order it on-line.

I just have my Londoner friend bring me an oz when he goes home to visit is family. I only smoke maybe 1/2oz a year.

But the Three Castles is good enough to straight-smoke in a pipe.

Failing that I like "Samson" and good ol'Durm.

132157839_6_kWE_.jpeg

Vannelle.gif

7821500037a.JPG

18621_9dc748d8518f69d21ad6ff9e7b26c7c3_main_large.jpg

These are most of the brands I used to smoke during my high school years. I don't know if these can be bought here in the US. ( except for Drum maybe ) .

I've been enjoying a few of the blends from D&R. My favorites are the Ramback Gold(Turkish and light virginia) and Windsail Platinum. This site has a write-up on their blends and phone number LINKY

Steve

I just got my latest order from D&R and tried their Ramback Balkan blend. As close to the old Balkan Sobranie white tins as I've tried and the Windsail Platinum Light was an excellent light. They don't process any of their tobaccos so the light is just lighter leaf. Very tasty!

Steve