• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Romeo y Julieta Cedro Deluxe No. 2

Truckingtiger

Romeo y Julieta Cedro Deluxe No. 2

Bought this one yesterday with the RP Vintage 1990 and decided to try it today as I was driving from OKC to Enid, OK for my drop in the morning. Ill have to say that this one didnt impress me as much as the RP did yesterday, but I will give you what I thought.

Stopped in OKC at a B&M to buy some singles and thought I would try this one as I was leaving. After unwrapping this cigar, it didnt have the aroma that I thought it would and it looked kind of dry...didnt have the sheen that the RP had nor the feel. I unwrapped it, took off the brown wrapper and smelled the foot of it trying to let the bouquet enter my senses. It was a sweet tobacco smell...kind of earthy. As I took out my brand new punch and used it for the first time, cutting a perfect hole in the end of the cigar, I did a test draw off of the cigar. It was a sweet taste that I couldn't figure out. I did several draws trying to get it in my mind, but it just wouldnt come to me. It was good, though. I did detect some earthy tastes as well as a hint of nutmeg.

Pulling out the lighter, I toasted the foot for about 20 seconds and then put it in my mouth and twirled it as I kept lighting it. It lit perfectly. i think this is the only time I have lit one so perfect tht it was uniform all the way around. The light brown wrapper started turning to a light grey ash as I took my first draw off of this stick. There is that sweet taste again...still cant figure it out, but I do taste the nutmeg again as well as the earthy tastes. A little nutty yet sweet. I also noticed a very peppery feeling and taste on the back of my throat. It lingered for a while and came right back with the second draw.

This lasted for about half of the cigar when it went away. That same sweetness was there throughout, but the pepper subsided and this became a very smooth smoke. I was getting a LOT of smoke on every draw of this cigar and a LOT of taste. It really didnt change that much for me except the pepper went away and came back during the final third. This stick did leave a taste in my mouth that I really don't like, but I can deal with it.

Overall, it was a good cigar to my neophyte taste buds...mild yet tasty with little to no nic kick...definitely not the best Ive had so far, but not the worst either. Id put it right behind the RP Vintage 1990 and the Padron x000 line, but ahead of the CAO Brazilia.

Im really enjoying this new passion I have found, and Im really enjoying this forum. LOT'S of knowledge here and lot's of people willing to help a newbie out.

Very good review. I like those R&J Cedro #2's. You really do pick up some nice sweetness and a bit of nutmeg. They're not very complex but I do enjoy the flavors. I think, maybe, the cigar was a little dry when you smoked it. That kind of peppery flavor you picked up at the back of your throat made me think so.

Try picking up a La Flor Dominicana Air Bender Poderoso if you get a chance, they're around the same size as the Cedro #2. I find they share some similar flavors only the Air Bender seems to be a little more complex.

Very good review. I like those R&J Cedro #2's. You really do pick up some nice sweetness and a bit of nutmeg. They're not very complex but I do enjoy the flavors. I think, maybe, the cigar was a little dry when you smoked it. That kind of peppery flavor you picked up at the back of your throat made me think so.

Try picking up a La Flor Dominicana Air Bender Poderoso if you get a chance, they're around the same size as the Cedro #2. I find they share some similar flavors only the Air Bender seems to be a little more complex.

thanks, Jack! Ill put these on my newly formed list of ones to try.

thanks, Jack! Ill put these on my newly formed list of ones to try.

For a longer smoke I like the Exhibicion #3's also. They're not in my regular rotation but every time I have one it makes me want to get more.