• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Romeo Y Julieta - No.2

ckeller52

"All the Twitters. I know them."
I was gifted one of these by a neighbor two months ago and I immediately took it out of its aluminum tube and let it rest with my other smokes in the humi.

I needed a smoke to go with the two fingers of Ron Zacapa I just poured waiting for the start of the ND Air Force game today so I looked in the humi and decided it was time to fire this stick.

The particulars

Wrapper: Light brown.
Construction: Excellent
Burn: Excellent
Problems: none
Ash: salt & pepper, about 2” long before falling off on my shirt
Draw: a little hard but no problem at all
Smoke: Lots of smoke
Pre-light Aroma: Sweet smelling tobacco
Strength: Medium IMHO
Taste: wonderful tasting cigar. Spicy and sweet, hints of pepper and honey
Smoked to: I nubbed it and burned my fingers
Overall impression: I WANT MORE!

For the price I’ve got to get some more of this stick, very tasty and it fills my need for a great low price smoke that doesn’t last two hours. I typically like the larger vitola cigars but this is nice because it has the flavor of the larger sizes in this vitola.

I had one of these over the summer, and I found the draw to be impossibly difficult :(

Chuck,

Great catch on the Numero Dos. I have had one or two of the Petit Numero Dos (the shorter version) and it is a good cigar in a tubed styled after the Habanos. I was attracted to the distinct smell of blackcurrants in the unlit cigar. There was none of this in the smoking flavor though.

Wilkey

Overall impression: I WANT MORE!

You and me both. It was on my honeymoon that this very cigar started what will no doubt be my cigar-purchasing demise. This is a great alternative if you are in the mood for a lighter, (and I agree on this observation) sweeter, smoke. Thanks for the review!