• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Romeo Y Julieta Reserve Maduro #4

Pompous Pugs

Long time reader, first time reviewer:
RomeoYJulietaMaduroReserveBand.gif
*​
Size: 5
Gauge: 44
Age: immature--recieved it in the mail and lit it within a week, so take that into account.

Draw: Extremely tight draw. I was expecting a quicker smoke due to its size but the draw on this cigar was so tight, it made me take longer and enjoy it more. However, it was almost annoying how tight the draw as I puffed away to get this done before a poker night.

Construction: I think the tightness was due to the great construction. Looked good pre-smoke, a nice wrapper on a tight package.

Burn and Ash: This guy lit up easily and burned consistently all the way through. The ash would build up strong and hold on (minus the time I handed to a buddy to try and he flicked the ash off). Even with the tough draw and good conversation there was no need for a relight.

Flavor: A very smooth, medium+ Maduro flavor at the start, some spice and cocoa came alive a third of the way into it. But overall it remained a mellow smoke all the way through for me. A very pleasant smoke. My guess is that age would bring this subtle flavors to life and make it even better.

*thanks misterbg.org for the label, my digital camera is missing.

Pompous Pugs said:
Long time reader, first time reviewer:
RomeoYJulietaMaduroReserveBand.gif
*​
Size: 5
Gauge: 44
Age: immature--recieved it in the mail and lit it within a week, so take that into account.

Draw: Extremely tight draw. I was expecting a quicker smoke due to its size but the draw on this cigar was so tight, it made me take longer and enjoy it more. However, it was almost annoying how tight the draw as I puffed away to get this done before a poker night.

Construction: I think the tightness was due to the great construction. Looked good pre-smoke, a nice wrapper on a tight package.

Burn and Ash: This guy lit up easily and burned consistently all the way through. The ash would build up strong and hold on (minus the time I handed to a buddy to try and he flicked the ash off). Even with the tough draw and good conversation there was no need for a relight.

Flavor: A very smooth, medium+ Maduro flavor at the start, some spice and cocoa came alive a third of the way into it. But overall it remained a mellow smoke all the way through for me. A very pleasant smoke. My guess is that age would bring this subtle flavors to life and make it even better.

*thanks misterbg.org for the label, my digital camera is missing.
[snapback]281998[/snapback]​
These are a very mellow smoke indeed. Age wont do much for these though. Perhaps dry them out a bit, and allow the smoke to open up a bit.

Emo

Sorry to hear about your tight draw. That really kills a smoke for me.

I've never been a fan of the Reserve Maduros. Just didn't have much flavor in my experience. Recently I did pick up a tubed RyJ called the "Numero Dos" that intrigued me. When I uncapped it, it had the most intense pruney, blackcurrant flavor I've ever encountered in any cigar. It was simply amazing. I've been resting it in the tube for a month now jsut waiting for the right time.

So what else have you been smoking? :D

Very nice first effort by the way. :thumbs:

Wilkey