• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Romeo y Julieta Reserve Maduro #4

tschoon

I received one of these fine sticks in a trade a while back. Since that day, nothing I have found comes close. I have been a fan of maduro and MX2 since the beginning. But this particular stick is nothing but pure delight to smoke.

The prelight aroma is smooth, sweet and a pleasure to the nostrils.

It burns even, slow and smooth. The ash is tight and a light gray with a taste that is pure maduro heaven. I have found that it is one of the few cigars I can actually smoke from start to finish without the assistance of a beverage. I often judge a smoke by how much of a beverage I need drink while smoking to refresh the pallette during the experience. With the #4's, I can easily do it without a single swallow.

The sweet madura after taste lasts for a very long time and keeps a smile on my face! I highly recommend this particular cigar to anyone who likes a good maduro AND if there is anyone out there who has purchased these sticks and does not enjoy them, let me know and I will gladly purchase/trade them from/with you.

Ahhh maduro at it's best!!

tschoon said:
I received one of these fine sticks in a trade a while back. Since that day, nothing I have found comes close. I have been a fan of maduro and MX2 since the beginning. But this particular stick is nothing but pure delight to smoke.

The prelight aroma is smooth, sweet and a pleasure to the nostrils.

It burns even, slow and smooth. The ash is tight and a light gray with a taste that is pure maduro heaven. I have found that it is one of the few cigars I can actually smoke from start to finish without the assistance of a beverage. I often judge a smoke by how much of a beverage I need drink while smoking to refresh the pallette during the experience. With the #4's, I can easily do it without a single swallow.

The sweet madura after taste lasts for a very long time and keeps a smile on my face! I highly recommend this particular cigar to anyone who likes a good maduro AND if there is anyone out there who has purchased these sticks and does not enjoy them, let me know and I will gladly purchase/trade them from/with you.

Ahhh maduro at it's best!!
I tend to agree with you on this one. I find them to be pretty good cigars. They will age nicely as they do taste just a tad young. But no so much that it is a big deal. The problem is the price. IMO they do not warrant the price. Right now, for the price my money is going someplace else. If the 4's come down to $65-70 I might consider it.

I love the RyJ Reserve Maduros :love:

They're one of my favorite cigars, of course I'm a bit of a RyJ slut in the first place. I haven't had one sit around long enough to get any age on one but I'm going to try.

I have tried the Red label and gold label RyJ... Neither did it for me. Now the blacks are yummy, but there are better cigars out there for the same $hing.

Emo

Great cigar but I prefer the Partagas Blacks. I smoke them both though :D

Lucas.... thanks to you I also enjoy the Partagas blacks...

They are neck and neck and I would smoke either one at the drop of a hat!!

Thanks for introducing me to both these beuties in out Newbie Sampler Trade!!

I owe ya!!

You're welcome. I was hoping you'd find at least a few new favorites among them :) They are both great cigars :thumbs:

lucasbuck said:
Great cigar but I prefer the Partagas Blacks. I smoke them both though :D
These cigars are almost polarly different except for the wrapper color. Syill good gars though...

Did somebody say R&J MADDIES?? :) Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumy!! My favorite maduro by far!! :love: :love: :love:

What Joe said!!!! Absolutely the best! The Partagas Blacks used to be my goto maduro, now replaced by the RyJ's. Sadly, I don't goto them to often due to my limited supply at this time. :(

aip :)

That's me bidding!! TS from Toledo!! Now that you know, I am sure none of my CP "brothers" wil try for them!!!!! :thumbs:

tschoon said:
That's me bidding!! TS from Toledo!! Now that you know, I am sure none of my CP "brothers" wil try for them!!!!! :thumbs:
Small world, my uncle used to teach at University of Toledo...

aww crap. i was gonna bid on em.

these are good.

i like the monte series v too. reminds me of em.