• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ron James' Take On Sarah Palin

Newfie

Official Lancero Whore
For those of you who've never heard of him, Ron James is from Cape Breton Island, NS, and has a very different view on life. He is, in my opinion, one of Canada's finest comedians. Lots of stuff by him on YouTube and if you enjoy this, look for his take on Tim Hortons, and the one on computers is great too. We can all relate to the stuff he says.

I'm a student of comedy and you're absoulutly right. I was rolling on the floor. This guy rates right up there with the Canadien greats, like Red Green.

Doc.

Not even one bit funny. I thought there was to be no political BS here.

My apologies if I offended your political beliefs Bro. IMHO, I don't consider it a personal attack on anyone (remember, it's a comedy act) but if Rod sees fit to remove, or ask me to remove it, that's his right and I'll accept that and comply.

Jim

My apologies if I offended your political beliefs Bro. IMHO, I don't consider it a personal attack on anyone (remember, it's a comedy act) but if Rod sees fit to remove, or ask me to remove it, that's his right and I'll accept that and comply.

Jim

Stop. Yes, you absolutely believed it to be a personal attack on someone (Palin) and you posted it intentionally to get a reaction. "Comedy act", my ass. Post one poking Obama and rave about how funny it is, and I'll put the bullshit flag back in my pocket. Until then, consider it thrown at you.

Trey

Jim

Stop. Yes, you absolutely believed it to be a personal attack on someone (Palin) and you posted it intentionally to get a reaction. "Comedy act", my ass. Post one poking Obama and rave about how funny it is, and I'll put the bullshit flag back in my pocket. Until then, consider it thrown at you.

Trey

Are you friggin' serious???

Do you even realize I'm a Canadian? I'm sure you don't know I don't give a shit about your politics? We have enough political fuck-ups in Canada to have to worry about what the US is doing? I don't really give a fiddler's fuck about what political views Sarah Palin or Barack Obama have, or what they represent and what they stand for?

If that is you in your avtar and you are in Germany performing that role, I have the utmost of respect for you and your brethern. As for the rest of my opinions about your post above, I'll not post a personal attack as you did on me, which I take as accusing me of "Trolling".

Jim

Jim

Trey

Are you friggin' serious???

Do you even realize I'm a Canadian? I'm sure you don't know I don't give a shit about your politics? We have enough political fuck-ups in Canada to have to worry about what the US is doing? I don't really give a fiddler's fuck about what political views Sarah Palin or Barack Obama have, or what they represent and what they stand for?

If that is you in your avtar and you are in Germany performing that role, I have the utmost of respect for you and your brethern. As for the rest of my opinions about your post above, I'll not post a personal attack as you did on me, which I take as accusing me of "Trolling".

Jim

All good, Jim. I got a little knee-jerk. My apologies. Hope you have a great weekend! Yes, my avatar is me.

Trey

No problem Trey.

Have a great weekend and smoke something special!

Jim

Loonies are here to be made fun of. Politics doesn't enter into it except for that was the reason we noticed she was a loonie.

I know Palin personally and thought the routine was funny.

Those who think she is a loon/dummy are buying into the media/talk show stuff. She has a pretty good head on her shoulders, but has a hard time expressing her views when put in a tight spot. It is not a lack of intelligence, but rather a lack of impromptu speaking skills. She was put in the national spotlight before she was ready and is paying the price for it.

For some reason I read this as Ron JEREMY takes on Palin. I must admit I was highly disappointed. :D

The subject of the routine aside, I find James' delivery and timing impeccable. His metaphors are very creative and hilarious. I spent some time looking at other videos of him and he's certainly a comedian I'll be looking for.

Doc.

FYI he had a small part in the 1983 Bob and Doug McKenzie film, Strange Brew. In the opening scene in the theater he gets up from his seat and while he's leaving says something to the brothers (I'm drawing a blank right now) about the movie sucking.

Really stupid. I don't think the crowd was even that impressed.