• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ronson Lighter Deal Buyers - READ THIS!

I'd just like the clarification.

I paid by credit card through PayPal. I pay all PayPal purchases by credit card instead of by bank transfer. That way I have the credit card luxury of disputing the payment before it is withdrawn from my account and I have the PayPal luxury of keeping my credit card info hidden from the retailer(s). But in this day and age of ever more intricate identity theft fraud, I'd like to know if someone has been swindled after using this payment method as well. The PayPal page immediately popped up from the retailer's website once it was clicked on as the payment option. Just like it is for (I think) all purchases I make online and wherein I pick PayPal as the respective payment option. I wouldn't be surprised if a con artist retailer site could set up a PayPal direct link with some phishing cookies attached to it as well.

My card got popped for around $ 530.00 total at three different places; one in Ireland, one in the UK and one in Spain.

This just happened Christmas Day and yesterday.
Did you pay by PayPal or enter your credit card number directly onto the website order page?

If he paid by PayPal, they couldn't be charging his card directly for anything.

Yup directly. :( I didn't see the PayPal option for some reason, otherwise I would have used PayPal.

My credit card was charged twice yesterday (Walmart.com and Best Buy) and twice more today it was declined for charges at both places.

:(