• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rootbeer BBQ sauce

Shamrocker

Sheik Yerbouti
I was given a bottle of rootbeer bbq sauce for Christmas and I'm really anticipating opening it up to try it now that the weather is nice and I can take some time to BBQ. Has anyone had anything prepared with a rootbeer bbq sauce, of have ideas on ways to use it? I've heard it goes well with pork and came across a pulled pork recipe with it. Any beef ideas?

edit to correct typo

My guess is that would be good with a small brisket. Cook it low and slow and keep basting until it forms a nice sweet, crunchy, sticky crust.

Braise some short ribs in it perhaps?

The sauce probably pairs nicely with a cigar!

-Rob

I have done ribs with a root beer sauce that were pretty tasty (Dr.Pepper and Coke make a nice BBQ sauce addition too).

A root beer butt chicken might work with root beer BBQ sauce to finish it. Look up beer butt chicken then just use a can of root beer instead of beer if you aren't familiar with it.

Pulled pork, sticky wings, brisket, BBQ beef on a bun, chops. You should be able to run out of sauce before you run out of ideas!

Let us know what you do and how it tastes.

I make a root beer barbecue sauce and indeed, it goes well with pork, chicken, beef, and most fingers.