• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RP decade...looks weird

:Monty:

I'm a big fan of the decade and have smoked at least a dozen of them. I went to a b&m that I've only been to a few times and he cracked a brand new box of decades for me. He opened them up and the cigars looked like an old world reserve maduro with decade bands. Seriously...the darkest wrapper I've ever seen on a decade. Anyone else seen this? I smoke regularly but still new to all this, thanks for any input.

Huh? That is strange, I've never seen a Decade with a maduro wrapper... guess you found the golden ticket!

Bottom line - do ya like 'em?

Wrappers do vary quite a bit but shouldn't vary that much. However, it may be as good, different, or even better, than the previous wrapper.

Steve

(edit typo)

Wrappers do vary quite a bit but shouldn't vary that much. However, it may be as good, different, or even better, than the previous wrapper.

Steve

(edit typo)

Yea I do like them a lot hence the purchase...I was just surprised when I opened the box and it was full of chocolate bars. I've seen alot of variance between wrappers but never anything like this. There's a thread about them on CA where someone thinks the new boxes are lighter than the old ones. Looks like Rocky's experiencing some qc issues maybe? Here's a pic of some "normal" decades.

That does look for all the world like the OWR maduro wrapper leaf on that.

Be sure to let us know how they smoke!

~Boar

Steve

(edit typo)

Yea I do like them a lot hence the purchase...I was just surprised when I opened the box and it was full of chocolate bars. I've seen alot of variance between wrappers but never anything like this. There's a thread about them on CA where someone thinks the new boxes are lighter than the old ones. Looks like Rocky's experiencing some qc issues maybe? Here's a pic of some "normal" decades.

QC issues... sure looks that way. Notice the bands on the stick on the right are noticeably smaller than those on the left.

There was a thread on CA about the bands, I guess they changed them for '09 production. I'm gonna smoke this thing tonight and post up a review

I recently picked some up for a CI special. They were good but not as good as when they first came out. I have to say I was a little disappointed. Not that I feel ripped off. It is still a good cigar but I was expecting better based on past experiences.

Fakes.

lol, j/k. Our shop got some of the maduro-looking ones in. Not sure what the issue is, but I suppose they'll smoke pretty similar.

I saw the same thing at a local B&M. Must have just been a widespread shipment with particularly dark wrappers.

This is the one I had tonight. Sorry the pic was taken using my cell phone.
rpdecade.jpg