• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RP OWR Maduro

CgarDan

Its a great looking stick. Construction is great as well.

Now the flavor could use some work. It does have a lot of spices which is nice, but too much of a harsh aftertaste which kills any other discernable notes.

What does everyone else think about this. Also do you guys think a year or so of age will make this one better?

Thanks

Age might help. I had one of these early on and thought it was really good. Picked up another about a week ago and didn't enjoy it at all. Just a bad overall taste. Maybe it was the scotch it was paired with, but others thought the same as I.

I think it's been discussed on here before that the first batches were good and then they went to crap. Hopefully some age will help, though, if you bought a lot of these. :)

---John Holmes...

I had one shortly after they came out and really enjoyed it. I have on in my humi now that is from a newer release. I'll have to smoke it and see if there is a difference. I've heard more than a couple of people say that they aren't as good as the earlier releases. I wonder If Rocky is getting them from a different factory than the original release. I've heard the same type of reviews on the Edge as well, they started off great and a year later everyone is commenting on how dissapointed they are.

That was that stick the cigar shop guy gave me in NY when I met you. He insisted that they were great and gave it to me for free and suggested that I smoke it then. Bleh! I put it out after the 1st inch, if I even made it that far. Sorry cigar shop dude, you had bad taste. So I lit up one of the Davidoffs that I bought, I remember that it was good.

But I do remember trying this cigar a long time ago when I 1st saw one, don't really remember when it was but I liked it ok then. The one in NY sure sucked though. I would not even bother aging these. I'm sure there will be plenty of aged ones around in 10 yrs because nobody is going to smoke these once everybody figures out how bad they suck. :laugh:

Nice looking cigar though. :rolleyes:

I' ve had about the same experience as JH. The first ones I had were really good, the next batch are not so good. Hoping to let them age a little before I try again.

Ken

Ok Looks like a no brainer. for the price just go with he PAM :rolleyes:

Someone else reviewed this a week or so ago and I added that I loved it. I only smoked it once but it very quickly became one of my favorites. I have another sitting in my humi that I bought a week ago so I will have to smoke that and check it out. I am sorry to hear this and I hope I don't have the same experience because mine was very flavorful, not harsh at all, barely even any kick, and produced much smoke that made my mouth water constantly. I drank crown and seven (up, not seagrams) with it, a good bit more crown than seven.

I bought one when Rocky visited my local shop and really liked it. This and the Edge are the only RP sticks I really like alot and would buy a box. haven't tried any recently though, sorry to hear they've gone to shite.