• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RP OWR

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
I was lucky enough to be gifted a large amount of original release OWR back when they first came out. And all of the ones I smoked were powerhouses full of flavor, and came very close to taking the crown away from the RP sungrowns as my favorite RP cigar.

After reading oknewb and Orangeman's comments here, I decided to go fire up one of the Maduros I recently bought as part of a box split.

HUGE DIFFERENCE!! It was still a pleasant cigar, but so mild to be considered boring.

I hope this is just a fluke, but I'll be spending my dollars only on 1990s and Sungrowns from now on if they can't fix the blend and return it back to the powerful cigar it once was.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Although a lot of people just love them, I've not had one yet that I cared for. They've all had burn issues and just didn't taste good to me. Now that being said I've only had 3, but after 3 dissastifying experiences, I gave up on them.

I've only smoked one of the five I bought. I'm not sure which batch it was from, but I had a bit of trouble finding them at the time. It was fabulous, rich creamy and strong. Far superior to the Corojo IMO.

I smoked a toro the other night, it was my first. I found it to be medium bodied, very creamy with a nice burn and produced loads of smoke. I am not a fan of anything RP so when I lit this stick I was not expecting much however, I would definately purchase more OWR after tasting that treat.

Looks like history repeats itself...
It happened before with Edge... first release excellent... others not close to that... But what do you expect from Rocky Patel?... He used to lie to people and keep on doing that...

I smoked a toro the other night, it was my first. I found it to be medium bodied, very creamy with a nice burn and produced loads of smoke. I am not a fan of anything RP so when I lit this stick I was not expecting much however, I would definately purchase more OWR after tasting that treat.

I know of a good place where you can get more if you like. ;)

It happened before with Edge... first release excellent... others not close to that... But what do you expect from Rocky Patel?... He used to lie to people and keep on doing that...
:0

Tough crowd! :laugh:

I've only smoked a few RPs here and there and for the most part I like them but I've never had the ones wurm is talking about. Okay, I'll admit it, I'm dumb, what is an "OWR?"

I like the Vintage 1990s BUT the last few I bought weren't as good as the ones I smoked a year ago, the wrappers on the newer ones were much lighter in color and didn't taste nearly as good as I remembered.

Oddly enough, I can't find OWR in online shops. Is there a site that sells these or are they through B&M only?

Oddly enough, I can't find OWR in online shops. Is there a site that sells these or are they through B&M only?
I'm not sure whether it is alowed to mention retailer here, so, I sent a PM to you.

Although I'm not a big fan of Cigars International, they can be found there for $10.50-$12.50. They do have a deal which if you buy four singles, you get the fifth free. I'm sure there are other places, likely cheaper, out there if you look.

I agree the first one I had was better then a Padron 1926 #9!

Then all of the other ones I have had since are just not the same but they are still a good cigar! :D

Since I have a few OWR Maduros in my humi, I decided to fire one up while watching the 'Cuse game. In my opinion, this is a much better smoke than the Corojo. The last couple OWR's I had were Corojo which were very disappointing. However, the maduro, although still not great, a pretty decent smoke if you can get them at a good price. I might actually buy a few more if I could get them at about 7 bucks a piece, but at 10 bucks, no way.

Finally got a chance to smoke a RP OWR torpedo today. Unfortunately, it was bland. No flavor in the smoke.

The strange part about this cigar was that the nicotine kick was good (it packed a punch), the aroma was excellent, the trail smoke from the cigar smelled like coffee/cocoa, but the draw smoke was lacking in everything but burnt ash taste.

I immediately dropped the stick after I got halfway down, picked up an Edge Maduro and this stick had the flavor (a lot more than OWR), as well as everything else. I probably won't be buying OWR anytime soon, or at all. Meet the reformed no longer RP Whore.

What an incredible dissappointment.

:0

Tough crowd! :laugh:

I've only smoked a few RPs here and there and for the most part I like them but I've never had the ones wurm is talking about. Okay, I'll admit it, I'm dumb, what is an "OWR?"

I like the Vintage 1990s BUT the last few I bought weren't as good as the ones I smoked a year ago, the wrappers on the newer ones were much lighter in color and didn't taste nearly as good as I remembered.

Cat,

I sent you an OWR for your last Cigar Pass win, was a torpedo maduro. Smoke it, and let us know what you think. I like the maduro version, but find the coroyo version a bit one dimensional.

I love the maduro and corojo's.............but only fairly fresh ones.Any age what so ever and they mild out too fast!
Just like the Edge's.

Got a fiver of OWR maduros. Smoked a couple of them. Basically, a waste of money. Do yourself a favor, buy a good Padron maduro.

I have some prototypes of these that were quite good... I'm told the blend changed a few times before they settled on it for release. Oh well.