• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rubbermaid Cedardore

ckeller52

"All the Twitters. I know them."
I was at Casa Depot yesterday and saw this
rubbermaid-cedar-plastic-totes.jpg

displayed on the main asile. It's the Rubbermaid Cedar Storage tote and it seems to be fairly air tight.

Opnions as to it's worth as a coolerdore?

Wow I haven't seen that nor have I heard of it. You'd have to be careful on what kind of cedar is embedded, some cedars are harmful to cigars. You might be better off getting a cooler and just puttin some boxes in it.

Jason

MichiganM said:
Wow I haven't seen that nor have I heard of it. You'd have to be careful on what kind of cedar is embedded, some cedars are harmful to cigars. You might be better off getting a cooler and just puttin some boxes in it.

Jason
[snapback]275648[/snapback]​
Yup....Only use Spanish Cedar, not Aromatic Cedar like what that probably has.

I wouldn't put your cigars anywhere near that thing..... Although it probably would work great to keep moths away from your cloths I don't see it doing any good for your smokes.

Spanish cedar is used for humidors.... aromatic cedar is used for moths.... stay away from that thing.

Heck no. I checked these out and they reek of aromatic cedar. Not the kind good for stogies. Great for woolens though. Do not put cigars in these containers.

From my understanding, those use Red Cedar and not Spanish Cedar.

ckeller52 said:
Opinions as to it's worth as a coolerdore?
[snapback]275641[/snapback]​
LOL, glad I put it back down. Thanks for the replies.

TN_CIGARS said:
Only buy this if you like smoking vanilla cigars. :D
[snapback]279559[/snapback]​

Wow. I hope you don't have the unfortunate honor of speaking from experience on this one. Did they turn your smokes "vanilla-y?"

Ginseng said:
TN_CIGARS said:
Only buy this if you like smoking vanilla cigars. :D
[snapback]279559[/snapback]​

Wow. I hope you don't have the unfortunate honor of speaking from experience on this one. Did they turn your smokes "vanilla-y?"
[snapback]279593[/snapback]​

No.

Shiba said:
From my understanding, those use Red Cedar and not Spanish Cedar.
[snapback]275689[/snapback]​
yep, saw them at my local creepo-deep-o, and they indeed smell of red cedar, not the desired spanish cedar.