• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

rum

Mr Smoker

Tell me if this is true or not.
A long time friend told me that he placed a shot glass full of rum in his humidor and let his cigars soak it up over time. Said that his cigars were totally great. Don't remember what choice of cigars he used but i believe they were espl's.
thnx mr smoker

Yes the cigars will get some of the rum flavor over time. I can't say if that will make them totally great or not. ;)

There are quite a few smokers out there that do this in one way or another. (Shot glass, Aroma-dor)

If you want a sweeter cigar, you would probably like them. If you are not a big fan of flavored smokes, probably not. My opinion.....a good cigar should not be tampered with. Do it to a cheap one if you try it.

If you have to use steak sauce to eat your steak - then it ain't good steak to begin with. Same thing goes for cigras :)

Back in the day, a lot of guys I knew, came up with enterprising ways to keep cigars for a 3 month period. Just to set the scene: Navy, on patrol, with less than adequate ambient temp/humidity. They would soak their cigars in some liquor, and let them sit in ziplock bags or tupperware humidors. Over time, the cigar would 'cure' to 'smokable' conditions. They had their system to keep the cigars humid. It was a necessary evil since the air was so dry and we didn't have storage worth mentioning; nothing was funnier then to see someone open a new can of dip, or a fresh pack of smokes and see it crumble like the dried mulch it had become. Side note, I would laugh at the guys who dipped, as they suffered through their driest pinch yet.

Back to cigars and liquor, although do-able, it was a skill that I never bothered to learn. I didn't smoke at the time.

Cigar dipped in or soaked in booze= yucky.
just my humble opinion really hate those things.