• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Running out of space

ParaGod

Semper Fi
Okay, I guess it was inevitable. I have run out of room for all the stogie's. So what I need is the info on building a Cooli'dor.

ps: I blame all of you for this. I can't stop buying cigars. Yes it is a addiction. :D

Here's one option, go down to your local Home Depot and pick up a Sunbeam Wine Chiller for around $120.00. Then order 1 lb. of Premier Media beads from climmax.com for $30.00 which will maintain five cubic feet at 65-70% humidity, depending on what you order for beads. This particular wine cooler is 5 cubic feet so 1 lb. of beads works out perfectly. Then scrounge up a small cooling fan from an old computer. I bought a timer at walmart for $8. I hooked the cooling fan to the timer, mounted the cooling fan to the bottom rack of the wine cooler. The fan comes on twice a day and circulates the air in the cooler.

The added bonus of using a wine cooler, depending on where you live in the country, is that you can actually turn it on for a little while if it gets too warm inside. We don't want those tobacco beetles hatching.

Granted this a bit more expensive than your basic igloo cooler, but you also get a few more options IMHO (racks to store your boxes on, glass door to look check humidity without having to open it, etc.) .

Tim

WOW, thanks Matt, Just recently put mine together but got a couple of great ideas here. :thumbs:

A little bird told me Vern is coming up with some interesting coolerdor accessories!! :0 :thumbs: