• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RyJ Churchill Bands

Well....00, 05 and 06 (a/t) have the original band.

Could you take some photo's of the cigar (foot/head/comp.)?

Thanks.

I have this posted on another board and one guy who bought a box of '07 from a duty free airport shop in Kuwait (which he verified as an authorized habanos dealer), says they have the same band as the one on the right.

As mentioned before this is from a trusted source so I guess the best thing to do is smoke it see how they taste.

If you do not mind I would like to send you a sample to try to get your opinion. I have asked others to do the same. I guess my feeling is that if we get a concensus from a group of people one way or another it would be more compelling than just one person's opinion.

I will send you a pm and if any one else is interested send me a pm.

It looks like Sam found out from the main source! :cool:

No need for the smoke...unless you want to do a semi-blind 5r! :D

Guys...

This is a reletively new tubo, and I am pretty sure they are banded like this for '07-'08. I am 100% sure that it is legitimate. I have the utmost trust in my source!

~Billy

Even though nearly everyone who's assessed the band on the right has concluded that no RyJ Churchill, tubed or not, has that band?

Exactly, Rallones. I, myself, know that MY cigar IS 100% legit. I know my source, and they have never done me wrong. I was just trying to show that it is a NEW band.

My proof enough is the cigar came from a very trusted source...and it is also on the Habanos SA vitolas page. They have the same style banding listed that I have on my cigar, on their RyJ Churchills listing...now why would the world's premier Habanos distributor put an image of a wrongly/fakely banded RyJ cigar on their info page? We all have seen band changes before(IE: Many H.Upmann vitolas come with two styles of bands with no justification as to why they choose what for that specific box/vitola...), why should this be any different? Again, I am 110% sure this is a legitimate RyJ. I will post photos for the not so sure people on the board... I do appreciate everyones concern though!

~Billy

Pictures on habanos.com show that the new incarnation of RyJ Churchills have both the red and white band as well as a plain gold band with just Churchill inscribed on it. I've seen reports that there was a period of time that some tubos in the new red and white design contained cigars with just the Churchill band. If you trust your vendor, then don't worry about it and smoke it. I use one vendor and I have absolute trust in them. I've seen my share of muddled, faded, imprecise, and what turned out later to be just newly redesigned bands, but I've never questioned their authenticity because I trust my vendor 100%.

I do trust my vendor but there were instances where a legit sources were duped by their suppliers and selling them without even knowing, and some even after knowing. As you can tell I did not get this from LCDH.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I trust all my vendors (that is why I use them), until they give me a reason not to trust them. In this case I have one guy who says he bought it with the same band in Kuwait, another who bought it from a trusted source with the two banding scheme and a dealer from Mexico saying his '07 and '08 stock has the original band.

If someone in the know says that all three bands are being release now because certain factory still has the original, other factories have the band that I have and others have the two band scheme and when the all the old in the factories run out they will implement the two band scheme then I would be OK with this. Some reason that is logically or at least some sense of logic (maybe I am asking for too much).

Guys...

This is a reletively new tubo, and I am pretty sure they are banded like this for '07-'08. I am 100% sure that it is legitimate. I have the utmost trust in my source!

~Billy

Even though nearly everyone who's assessed the band on the right has concluded that no RyJ Churchill, tubed or not, has that band?

Exactly, Rallones. I, myself, know that MY cigar IS 100% legit. I know my source, and they have never done me wrong. I was just trying to show that it is a NEW band.

My proof enough is the cigar came from a very trusted source...and it is also on the Habanos SA vitolas page. They have the same style banding listed that I have on my cigar, on their RyJ Churchills listing...now why would the world's premier Habanos distributor put an image of a wrongly/fakely banded RyJ cigar on their info page? We all have seen band changes before(IE: Many H.Upmann vitolas come with two styles of bands with no justification as to why they choose what for that specific box/vitola...), why should this be any different? Again, I am 110% sure this is a legitimate RyJ. I will post photos for the not so sure people on the board... I do appreciate everyones concern though!

~Billy

I had not been to the Habanos website until reading your most recent post, Billy. You're dead right. I appreciate your posts, which enabled me to learn something new about RyJ Churchills. I also appreciate your being civil in response to my post, which could have been read (but was not intended) to call your judgment about authentic Habanos into question. Kudos, my friend.

Enjoy your smokes.

Guys...

~Billy

~Billy

I had not been to the Habanos website until reading your most recent post, Billy. You're dead right. I appreciate your posts, which enabled me to learn something new about RyJ Churchills. I also appreciate your being civil in response to my post, which could have been read (but was not intended) to call your judgment about authentic Habanos into question. Kudos, my friend.

Enjoy your smokes.

I was just tryin' to help a brotha' out is all!!! No worries, Rallones... It's all good. Stick around for awhile and you will learn much more than you could imagine! The knowledge dropped here is limitless. CP rules. :thumbs:

~Billy

I smoked one in Cuba in Feb of this year and the Churchill had both bands on them. I believe that the Short Churchill had them as well I bought them at the LCDH on calle 63 in Varadero
They tasted amazing so much so that I had a friend buy me an entire box when they went down 3 weeks later

I saw some of these bands in '06, wasn't sure if it was a bad production run. Billy saying you are 100% sure your cigars are legit from any source shows you are letting your guard down. Too many things go on in Cuba and en route to a cigars final destination. For example: in a LCDH in Cuba the boxes that singles are sold out of get recycled by the director of the store. He usually has the in house roller make the cigars to fill up the box with all the bands and paperwork. When an unsuspecting tourist comes in "for just one box" the director happens to have one that "fell off the truck" or "somehow was not inventoried" that he can sell to you at a slightly discounted price. The catch is he can't give you a receipt. The cigar will be a quality cigar but not the profile you were expecting from the R&J, or Monte box. I personally know someone that bought a couple dozen boxes in Club Havana left them in a locker/humidor at CH and when they reached Switzerland all of the cigars had been switched out. That was while the almighty "Mons" was the director of the store. Could tell you a few more war stories but I think you get the point. Not to say that you have any problems with your cigars, just keep your eyes peeled. John

I saw some of these bands in '06, wasn't sure if it was a bad production run. Billy saying you are 100% sure your cigars are legit from any source shows you are letting your guard down. Too many things go on in Cuba and en route to a cigars final destination. For example: in a LCDH in Cuba the boxes that singles are sold out of get recycled by the director of the store. He usually has the in house roller make the cigars to fill up the box with all the bands and paperwork. When an unsuspecting tourist comes in "for just one box" the director happens to have one that "fell off the truck" or "somehow was not inventoried" that he can sell to you at a slightly discounted price. The catch is he can't give you a receipt. The cigar will be a quality cigar but not the profile you were expecting from the R&J, or Monte box. I personally know someone that bought a couple dozen boxes in Club Havana left them in a locker/humidor at CH and when they reached Switzerland all of the cigars had been switched out. That was while the almighty "Mons" was the director of the store. Could tell you a few more war stories but I think you get the point. Not to say that you have any problems with your cigars, just keep your eyes peeled. John

I understand what you mean Johnny-O. I appreciate the concern for a brother, and believe me, I am very cautious about these things....as we all are. I have heard too many bad stories to not be cautious.

BUT...

I am still 100% confident....and thats not gonna change, as I have never had any problems/fakes/trouble to make me think otherwise!!! :cool: :thumbs:

~Billy

I'm gunna go ahead and throw my hat in the ring and say that the "churchills" band without the romeo y julieta name across the top is indeed real. A friend on mine overseas showed me his latest grab and I saw that style band and went "oh shoot! he got cheated!" Told him... and where did he get them... straight from the horse's mouth at a La Casa del Habano store!
Chris

hello from Jeff
Toronto Canada
I travel to Havana, Partagas factory, just returned with one box of R & J coronas (wanted to try smaller)
has both name on lable and
saw the churhill there for sale
did have name and churchill on it
hope this helps, I have toured the factories and talk to all the employees outside over a cold beer, they run out of boxes etc. some wooden colour boxes are diff. still authentic when from factory thats all I can say GOVT STORE ONLY WITH CASH REGISTER RECEIPTS :)
broval2002@hotmail.com