• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RyJ Short Churchill

Dice

Grow a set and stop being so paranoid!
Interested in hearing some opinions on how these sticks fare? They're using the Churchill name and I've smoked a couple of them and have been completely blown away by them. Granted they had at least 3 years on them but.....I'm curious on how these shorties compared to they're big brother.

Different, but with the potential too be great in a few years, IMO. Won't know for sure til some time has passed, cuz there aren't any aged ones out there...

Dice, didn't the short churchills just come out? How did they have 3 years on them?

Granted they had at least 3 years on them but.....

I guess you have some serious cigar connections, I thought they were just released in FEB, I could be wrong though.

I think he was talking about Churchills with a few years, and asking how the short ones compared.

Newfie - Late winter or spring was when these first came out, yes.

I think he was talking about Churchills with a few years, and asking how the short ones compared.

Newfie - Late winter or spring was when these first came out, yes.

Correct on both counts!

ok, I get it now, you smoked the regular churchills with 3yrs on them and wonder how "they" compare to the short churchills.

I got it now too. :blush:

No idea, I have a Short Churchill sitting in my humi (thanks to a bomb from a brother), but have yet to fire it up. I've had a few of the regular Churchills and they were damn fine smokes.

I got a box around July that was very fresh.....and very gooooood! I've smoked about 9 of these already and its been tough not to reach for one every time I go to the humidor. They are still young and the flavors on a couple were somewhat one-dimensional, but I definatly think a couple of years will make these blockbusters. My $.02.

I've had 3 so far and I don't like them.

But RyJ has always been hit and miss in my book.

Dice, didn't the short churchills just come out? How did they have 3 years on them?

The ones that I smoked were the A/T'd Churchills, not the shorts.

I bought 2 boxes of these when they were released. I have been smoking one out of my box of ten every couple months. They are getting better and I believe they have pretty good potential. I have a box of 25 that will rest for at least another year.

I bought 2 boxes of these when they were released. I have been smoking one out of my box of ten every couple months. They are getting better and I believe they have pretty good potential. I have a box of 25 that will rest for at least another year.
I don't believe that yours are getting better. Send me half a box so I can sample them at the same time and we'll compare notes! :cool:

I can't recall if I posted this on CP but here's my recent experience with the untubed RyJ Short Churchills.

I smoked one from a dressed box the other day and it was titanic. Powerful beyond belief, producing clouds of rich, clinging smoke. The flavor was woody but so heavy and concentrated that I really struggled to expel nasally. It was strong, dense and so full of bound up and wound up flavors wrapped up in a powerfully tannic profile that it is clearly not a cigar for immediate smoking. I have to suspect that at least some of the 50% against is based on expectations of immediate smokability. In contrast to almost all other 2006 issues, these are NOT for smoking right now.

Personally, I consider it a waste to smoke these now. But it would be a genuine shame not to have a box to tear into from 2010 and beyond.

Wilkey

I know the one and only I have smoked so far didn't have much age on it, but I liked it. It had great draw and flavor.

I have had a tubed version and was very happy with the cigar. Rich flavor, long finish. Can't remember any of the details as it was about a month ago but I liked it.

Well thank you Wilkey, I have two of these at home right now and have looked at them several times simply because they look so damn good! After reading your review I'll be sure to let them sit for a good long time.

Well thank you Wilkey, I have two of these at home right now and have looked at them several times simply because they look so damn good! After reading your review I'll be sure to let them sit for a good long time.
Nah,

Smoke one now to get an idea of what these are like when you. To get first hand what I talked about.

Wilkey