• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sad Day Goose Island fans

That does suck but as long as they keep brewing the nectar known as Bourbon County Stout I will survive.. Otherwise, well let's not even think about that...

That completely blows! How do you lose a lease with a place like that. I am sure it is so they can put up another box store or condo and continue to congest that area with more shopping. The problem is the Wrigleyville GI does not have near the selection of the Clybourn location. Maybe the selection at Wrigleyville will increase once Clybourn closes.

That completely blows! How do you lose a lease with a place like that. I am sure it is so they can put up another box store or condo and continue to congest that area with more shopping. The problem is the Wrigleyville GI does not have near the selection of the Clybourn location. Maybe the selection at Wrigleyville will increase once Clybourn closes.
No biggie. There most popular store and most profitable is the one on Clark next to Wrigleyville. And Im just down the block..LOL!
It's nice you're right down the street from the Wrigleyville pub, but for the convenience for those of us out in the burbs, Clybourn is way easier to get to. It's just 1/2 mile off the Metra. Not to mention that the Clybourn pub is one of the training breweries for the Siebel Institute for training future brewers.
Hmm, maybe I'll email them and suggest they move to the far western suburbs, Crystal Lake would be a good choice!! :whistling:

Since I just moved into town, I had yet to visit. But I did come home from work last night to find 2/3 of a soon to be drunk 6 pack of Honkers in my fridge. :D Thanks roomie, I owe you one...er four.

That's too bad, I had some great beers there over Spring Break. Great place.

I am very sad to hear it as I've been frequenting it for many years. And by the way, the Wrigleyville location which is walking distance for me is no comparison. Even if the selection improves the atmosphere will remain the same ( a bunch of loud, drunken Cubs fans who would rather be drinking Budweiser). Sad day indeed. :(

I am very sad to hear it as I've been frequenting it for many years. And by the way, the Wrigleyville location which is walking distance for me is no comparison. Even if the selection improves the atmosphere will remain the same ( a bunch of loud, drunken Cubs fans who would rather be drinking Budweiser). Sad day indeed. :(

Don't knock Cubs fans. Not all of us have poor beer tastes.

Don't get me wrong I like the Cubs. However I would rather Goose Island not be located right next door. Goose Island should be for beer aficionados and not rowdy, wanting to fight, crap beer drinkers. There are sports bars for that. And this doesn't describe most Cubs fans but believe me those exist and ruin the brew pub experience. I much prefer the atmosphere at the original, laid back, quiet and full of true beer lovers. They don't sell a lot of their best beer at the Wrigleyville one because it's not appreciated.

Don't get me wrong I like the Cubs. However I would rather Goose Island not be located right next door. Goose Island should be for beer aficionados and not rowdy, wanting to fight, crap beer drinkers. There are sports bars for that. And this doesn't describe most Cubs fans but believe me those exist and ruin the brew pub experience. I much prefer the atmosphere at the original, laid back, quiet and full of true beer lovers. They don't sell a lot of their best beer at the Wrigleyville one because it's not appreciated.

I'm just bustin' your chops. I completely agree with you about Goose Island (and rowdy Cubs fans). Just remember that sometimes it's frustrating to be a Cubs fan and that may explain the urge to fight (especially just after a game). Not saying its right or that the majority of the people that go to Wrigleyville appreciate what could be offered there, but it is something (coming from a life long Cubs fan) I understand. Most of those guys would be better off stopping in at the convienence store and picking up a 6 of Old Style on their way back to the car.