• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sad goodbye to a furry friend...

Hey Melissa,

My wife and I had to put our cat Jasmine down last March for the same issues sadly she was only 7 and I never thought I could feel that hurt in my life. It was mind blowing to think that this cat effected my life so much. We hurt for a few weeks and now we look at pics around the house and remember all the great times with her. They are not replaceable and will never be forgotten! It is so hard to loose a great friend but keep your head up. It gets better!

Paul

Thanks guys for all your words :) It's been a sad couple of days but I know that soon it won't hurt so bad. In the meantime, my other feline and the two rambunctious dogs are filling my time and making me smile most of the time :)

melly

It is strange how most other animals in a house act when one is gone. They know what has happened and are hurting as well but also know how you are feeling. When Jasmine was gone our other cat Oreo (who isn't all that bright) knew that she wasn't coming home and he saw that pain that we were feeling and cuddled with my wife every night that week and now lays with her all the time. He had never done this before as he was still a young (3) male cat that just wanted to play. But he flipped around so quick and helped the pain!.

Just strange how they know!

Paul

Melissa,
It is really tough to have a pet go like that. It sounds like when my wife lost her cat a few years back. It just was so sudden and had to put him down. Hopefully you had some time to say goodbye and hold her before she passed. Like has been said before, try and focus on all the great times you have had together. It will get easier each day. But, they never quite leave your mind.

Melly - very sorry to hear about your loss. It's never easy losing a pet, especially when they become part of the family. Hang in there... Your buddy is in a better place...

My heart goes out to you Sweetie. We lost our beloved Cadji this summer and I feel your pain...

Melly, so sorry for the loss of Scarlet. May you see her again on The Rainbow Bridge.