• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sad News: scheduled for cancellation

Perry

Ouch, this is going to hurt. -P

gallery_67_4_104292.jpg

NOT THE FUNDADORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why on earth would they do such a horrible thing, I guess they will make one hell of a EL one day!

Look again...only the cabinet of 50 of the Choix Supremes and the cardboard packaging of 5x5 Fundis are slated for cancellation. Box of 25s of CS and cab of 24s of Fundys will still be released.

No more Partagas Connies 1,2, or 3 and no more Punch Selection No 11 & 12. That's just plain wrong. These are outright deletions and not just reductions in packaging. It is so sad to see this continuing trend.

Looks like Cuaba is getting hit hardest of all... That leaves what? 1 or 2 sizes?

Let's remember that HSA plans to eliminate these vitolas in the listed packaging. For example, the Fundadores in 5x5 cardboard packaging.

I can't understand while HSA is moving away from 50 cabinets. They packaged so few as it was and they typically sold out fairly quickly. BCG's and Ex. 4's are a few cigars I always have around in cabinets. Dip 4's, Partagas Connies and Grandes de Espanas will also be missed.

EDIT: I just saw Sam's post...he's right, per usual! :)

Are these cuts coming so they can concentrate on the wildly popular Montecristo Open series? :rolleyes:

Looks like Cuaba is getting hit hardest of all... That leaves what? 1 or 2 sizes?

It actually looks like they are just discontinuing those sizes in the cardboard packages...
Unless I'm missing something.

OK...Perry, you're fired!

Someone please provide an accurate legend.

:sign:

Ok guys, this is accurate information, but it's indexed with the standard packaging codes. Nineteen cigars are on the list for deletion. This includes the complete elimination of the Partagas SdC #1, #2 and #3 – Punch RS #11 and #12 – Diplomatico #4, #5 – LGC #1, #3 – Rey del Mundo GdE – Saint Luis Rey Churchill, Corona and PC. WTF HSA! These are all classics in the truest sense. Bunch of idiots running that place now or what? If the sales are poor on these vitolas can't they just just lower annual or semi-annual production?

Let's remember that HSA plans to eliminate these vitolas in the listed packaging. For example, the Fundadores in 5x5 cardboard packaging.

I can't understand while HSA is moving away from 50 cabinets. They packaged so few as it was and they typically sold out fairly quickly. BCG's and Ex. 4's are a few cigars I always have around in cabinets. Dip 4's, Partagas Connies and Grandes de Espanas will also be missed.

EDIT: I just saw Sam's post...he's right, per usual! :)

Rob

Sam is ALWAYS right! :D Now enlighten me, how do you guys know it's only the 5x5 cardboard box?

Joe, it's indexed with the standard packaging codes.

D-C-C/P-5-C/B-25

1). Box or packaging type
D means Display box (normally cardboard - see next part of code),

2). Box type or Outer material
C means Cardboard,

3). Packing method
C/P means carton packs

4). Number of cigars
the first number represents the number of cigars in each individual pack. To calculate the number of packs, divide the total number of cigars (from the final part of the code) by this number.

5). Individual cigar pack or Finishing
C/B means Cardboard Box

See you tomorrow?
-P

Jan

Thanks for elucidating. Where did you get the code ring? Was it in your cereal box :D

It's a shame about the LGC's, they are such unique cigars - among the last of the panatella flag bearers in Habanos lineup.

- Tim

shame so many good sticks are going away. going to have to stock up on a few of these. Deff going to order some of the bolis and lgcs