• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Saint Luis Rey Reserva Especial

psyktek

Frugal Old Fart!
If I were more compulsive, I'd keep notes on what I've gotten from passes and trades. Then I could make this thanks and review more personal, but I don't even do that well with my checking account, so...

This was a real surprise. I'd read good comments about the SLR line, but this fat toro was a real eye opener. Pre-burn aroma was fruity and sweet, almost like candy, which made me really curious about what the smoke would be like.

Very nice construction, a dark colorado with minimal veining and an oily sheen. Draw was very free, but the large ring gauge kept it cool and slow burning, 90 minutes to nub this clean burning smoke. I think the ash would have held to the very end, but I flicked the medium gray at 1.5 inches.

Volumes of smoke, complex flavor profile that stayed consistent throughout. Notes of vanilla, leather and that same fruity essence. This one will definitely be on my list when I hit JR's store in N.C. next week!

Nice review Bob. I've yet to try anything from the SLR line. For some reason I love a nice firm ash :D

Then you oughta have the babe in your profile turn around! :) Or at least stand up and pose in profile so that nice firm ash is easier to see. :D

LMAO!!! That was a good one. BTW who is that babe in your sig lucas? I've seen her in movies b4 just don't know her name.

BTW, great review psytek. Would this be a mild, medium or full-bodied smoke?

-Dean

I would rate this as a medium, verging toward mild. Certainly not in the strong category. This would be a good morning or afternoon smoke; actually a good anytime stick, if you don't feel like wrassling with one of the high-octane sticks.

BTW who is that babe in your sig lucas? I've seen her in movies b4 just don't know her name.

It's Anne Archer. She's one of the great beauties of our time IMHO.

I did a Google search on Saint Luis Rey Reserva Especial. I got some decent hits on the basic brand, but not much on the Reserva Especial. Pardon my ignorance, but is that an ISOM?

I think the 'Reserva Especial' is probably just some hype they put on the bands. Don't know for sure, though, since this is the only one of this brand I've come across (hint, hint).
It's definitely not an ISOM. :)