• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Saint Marteen Ariport

Rob_k

If it ain't Scottish...it's crap!
St. Marteen has some of the biggest, low flying, passenger aircraft around. you can almost touch the landing gear of a 747 on approach when it crosses the beach. i have seen tons of photo's of this approach, now some video has found it's way onto the net. best stuff is the runup with the 747 and the poor saps on the beach...enjoy,found this on youtube....http://youtube.com/watch?v=dIa28CgCRS0

Reminds me of the road outside McGuire AFB, I used to watch the C5-A come in at treetop level. So close you thought it was gonna land on YOU!

Residents in St. Marten know about this. It is the tourists who see a pristine white sand beach and lay out on it untill the jet wash sandblasts away a couple layers of skin.

A friend lived there and rented out bicycles and saw more than one ruined honeymoon.

Reminds me of the times I used to get stuck at the Offutt Air Force Base. Get stuck under those lights and wow. Shake all the vehicles on landing approaches and take offs. :laugh: :laugh:

I wonder if there are any "jet engine wind surfers" :D
especially during take offs :D

That' a sure fire way to have a bad a hair day :D

I have been there once in my life. I definitely want to go back. It is beautiful.

I witnessed this in person, though we didn't get that close. The sound is incredible.

almost the same approach in Catania, Sicily... was cool being in the plane landing like that.

I witnessed this in person, though we didn't get that close. The sound is incredible.

I saw it last summer as well. Thank God I was on my way to Anguilla, now that's an island!!!

And when I did make it back to St.Martin, I stayed on the French side far away from the noisy Dutch side.

Thats awesome. I love the part where the A340 takes off and blows the people into the water. Imagine what it will do when they have the new A380s landing there :0

Thats awesome. I love the part where the A340 takes off and blows the people into the water. Imagine what it will do when they have the new A380s landing there :0
i don't know if the 380 will be able to get in there. not so much the landing, but the terminal requirements are very different from other airplanes.