• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Salmon Glaze

XxMerlinxX

I am a leaf on the wind...
Looking for an easy, but good, salmon glaze to try out. If anyone has a good recipe, please post it and I'll give it a whirl.

Well, not exactly a glaze nor real healthy, but a couple of strips of peppered bacon and fresh lemon slices with a pinch of dill is excellent. I have also made salmon similar to this recipe and it comes out well. However, with good salmon, like steak, less is more. Consider just some lemon and fresh thyme.

Hook us up with pictures when you decide what to do.

-Chad

However, with good salmon, like steak, less is more. Consider just some lemon and fresh thyme.

QFT! If not thyme, then fresh dill. Sauces were made to cover up spoiled food. Now eat food for its inherent flavour! :)

I make a sort-of glaze for salmon, more of a reduction really.

Very thinly slice half an onion, and saute in about 1tsp olive oil, until it begins to caramelize. Add about 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar and about 2 Tbsp of good honey. Simmer to reduce by at least half. Spoon over pan seared salmon.

Another one I like is a sesame-soy glaze.

Simmer 1/2 cup lite soy sauce with 2 Tbsp honey and 1 clove minced garlic, reduce and brush onto salmon filets. Broil the filets and sprinkle with lightly toasted sesame seeds.

If I were to make some salmon I'd either add some sliced onions on top, sprinkle with some garlic salt, freshly ground pepper, and some dill, OR you can buy a bottle of hoisin sauce and use that as a glaze/dipping sauce.

Damn, I'm hungry now.

There was a salmon recipe featured in this month's Bon Appetit. You still looking for a recipe?