• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Salty Smoke?

TampaSupremo

Hellbent for Glory-land
Last night I was working a job and decided to light up a CAO MX2 maduro (toro). I noticed that while the smoke itself was nice, the tip left a salty taste in my mouth which was kinda beat. I've never had this happen with a maduro (or any other smoke for that matter). Anyone know what's up with this or had the same thing happen?

TampaSupremo

Interestingly enough, I had this happen to me with a RASS not too long ago. Other than the salty taste on my lips, nothing was out of the ordinary. I thought it was odd as well, and it hasn't happened since. Anyone got a clue???

I've had a "brine" on the lips many times with cigars. Last batch that comes to mind was a bundle of Rocky Patel Sungrowns I recvd as a gift.

Once with a PSD4 for me. Did not affect the smoke though. It was actually really good.

Sweating torcedor ???

Beat me to it.

But seriously. I have never experienced that sensation.

It certainly is not par for the MX2. That is one of my favorites, and I surely would have noticed it by now.

I smoked two Mx2's this weekend no salty taste but they were very good cigars I just placed and order for a box rp

Sweating torcedor ???

:sign: thats good, and the only thing i can think of. I smoke about 2-3 of these a month and have not had that experiance, i have however had it with a RP i had recently and another i just can't remember what t was now so it could't have been that bad.

I have never experienced this with an MX2, but I did with some RP Fumas. The whole bundle was salty. I put them in a small humi with a bed of pipe tobacco for the last eight months and they are not too bad now. I do cut about a 1/4 inch off when I smoke them.

Johnny

Tar? I would say maybe the glue from the cap, but these are all from different lines...